Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Looked but could not find a thread specific to just spacers. At the moment, happy w my 18" (I think by 8", but I have seen posts w 8.5" - so not 100% sure) Regardless, I would like to spread the stance out just a bit - not a lot. I would appreciate recommendations and perhaps photos. Can I just buy spacers and have the local tire shop, dismount, add spacers and remount the tires during a rotation or is there more to it than that? Do I need new wheel bolts?
Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi folks,
Looked but could not find a thread specific to just spacers. At the moment, happy w my 18" (I think by 8", but I have seen posts w 8.5" - so not 100% sure) Regardless, I would like to spread the stance out just a bit - not a lot. I would appreciate recommendations and perhaps photos. Can I just buy spacers and have the local tire shop, dismount, add spacers and remount the tires during a rotation or is there more to it than that? Do I need new wheel bolts?
Thanks in advance!!
ALSO, I noticed in one thread that just going to a wider tire/rim combo might be better... What would ne recommended? My T3 is stock TDI so no lift... and I tow a boat most weekends.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Probably wont pass the the cost v's benefit analysis but you can get a slightly wider stance by changing your rims with another set from the VAG stable with a 5 x130 PDC and a bigger offset, Touareg, Audi Q7 and Cayenne rims come in a small variety of ET sizes.
You would also need to find what offset (ET) you currently have to give you the starting point.

Try this calculator for both offset and bigger tyre comparisons

TonyB

·
Registered
452 Posts
On my 2015 with OEM 20x9 rims, I have 25mm bolt-on spacers on the rear, and 15mm bolt-through spacers on the front with longer bolts. I paid about $90 a set I believe. Stance is greatly improved, and looks perfect when aired out. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am running four 30mm bolt on H&R spacers on my 04 v10...... looks great, but they did cause my 265/60/18s to rub on one fin of the intercooler vents. I alleviated this buy trimming a few mm off the fin with a razor blade.......
If you use a bolt on spacer, they usually come with a set of bolts to bolt to the hub, then use your wheels bolts to attach the wheel to the spacer. I recommend loctite on the spacer to hub bolts, don't forget to properly torque them......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
italmind
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing