Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to get together in this neck of the woods? I'm an hour out of Toronto but have no qualms travelling elsewhere if convenient for a group.

Pick a weekend and we'll do it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Im in Cleveland and wouldn't mind going to Canada..i also pull a RV and would go camping to top it off.let me know if you find any interest.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in Cleveland and wouldn't mind going to Canada..i also pull a RV and would go camping to top it off.let me know if you find any interest.
Roger:

There many great camping spots both private and provincial (government run) all over the province. I think it'd be a great idea! Cleveland isn't that far and I'd like to see your towing setup as I'm headed in that direction myself I think.

- Randy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about an hour out of Toronto as well. Would be interesting how many guys would be willing to get together.
Exactly. We'll do it once with a small group and hopefully it will expand. If we can pull on occasional owners from the US, Quebec or elsewhere, that'd be great as well. There quite a few TReg's in the GTA alone to draw from. We just need to get the ball rolling as it were...:joy:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a couple hours from Toronto. I would be in if the timing worked.
I am thinking of a Friday night or a weekend - when no one is at work and not a long weekend either as most are occupied with other plans (cottagers, etc.) on those weekends.

Somewhere close to restaurants and conveniences and near a major highway for those traveling from afar.

If I can get a location from those interested, we can convene somewhere logically central and go from there.

I am in Uxbridge, North-East of Toronto and would travel anywhere within a 3 hour radius.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok - some interest! I'd say somewhere near the 401/400 or 401/404.

Roger - when were you planning on coming North?

The only Friday/Weekends I cannot make it thus far would be July 4/5/6 and August 8/9/10.

My wife and the kids and I went to another forum meet last summer at a huge parking lot at the South East corner of Queensway and Kipling (restaurants, movie theater, etc.) and another good spot is the parking lot at 401 and Weston Rd. (McDonalds, CT, lots of shopping in general).

I guess there's also the Yorkdale and Fairview lots as well but they are more congested, I hate malls and on weekends they are ludicrous places to be for traffic:anger:

I'll vote for the Weston Rd. location and we can take it from there.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
410 and 407 under there off tomken are some crazy trails that used to be offroad-able. Not sure if it's restricted now, but there are river crossings and hill climbs. Not that everyone would be into that sort of thing, but would be awesome to find something like that with a parking spot for others to just sit and chat. Would suit the talent of the vehicle. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
410 and 407 under there off tomken are some crazy trails that used to be offroad-able. Not sure if it's restricted now, but there are river crossings and hill climbs. Not that everyone would be into that sort of thing, but would be awesome to find something like that with a parking spot for others to just sit and chat. Would suit the talent of the vehicle. :)
I've been an avid off-roader for 15 years (mostly Jeeps, now quads) and some guys used to wheel in that area but I know Peel Police shut it down quite a few years ago. We could meet further North of the city somewhere but short of finding crown land trails (Bobcaygeon area is great) it'd be difficult to bring a group up from the city for a first meet 'n' greet.

I'd be happy to do more than just chat but maybe we can organize an off-road excursion in the near future and plan it out. I don't want to see anyone pinched on private property.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I've been an avid off-roader for 15 years (mostly Jeeps, now quads) and some guys used to wheel in that area but I know Peel Police shut it down quite a few years ago. We could meet further North of the city somewhere but short of finding crown land trails (Bobcaygeon area is great) it'd be difficult to bring a group up from the city for a first meet 'n' greet.

I'd be happy to do more than just chat but maybe we can organize an off-road excursion in the near future and plan it out. I don't want to see anyone pinched on private property.

good thinking, wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble. We should organize an Offroad excursion sometime as well, would be amazing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good thinking, wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble. We should organize an Offroad excursion sometime as well, would be amazing.
Noted! I'm an avid rock crawler, had a YJ on 40" rubber at one point and love getting 'out there'. I even had a Jeep Liberty under water (over the seats inside) and it ran great. I do miss low range crawling on any terrain but that's what my ATV is for now.

Back to the meet - I'm going to wait for a few other to chime in here before I pick a spot, and then a date.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just to resurrect this thread,

Anyone thought of the next meet? There is a TDI meet this weekend, but it would be nice to meet up with fellow Tourage owners. I think i'm the only diesel one in Kitchener.

Cheers!

·
Registered
102 Posts
well I would love to get together with other tregowners..... maybe in the spring ?. really enjoyed camping in Canada,maybe ill be able to coordinate a trip next year.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I'm thinking this needs to done for the spring.guess i better try and start to try and iron out details...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts