Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a youtube channel "speed academy" or something like that, they recently purchased what appears to be a 2011 treg executive (or whatever its called in Canada.)
A few episodes in one of the guys tilts the drivers seat back to get at something making a noise when driving. Remove bolts and tilt the seat back, pulls a cover off the battery, and then notes some white crystalline stuff in built up on one side in the compartment. He reaches out and tastes some of it and says "salty".

Give it a few hours later and I find another vid of someone refilling the adblue tank in a 3gen treg. He mentions that if you spill it it will crystallize quickly and care should be taken not to spill. Even shows some dried up.

So my bat brain puts the two together and votes that the speed academy guy was tasting spilled adblue additive from under the drivers seat. Possible if some spilled in the rear footwell and splashed on up front. So in that case he was licking crystallized urea.

nope nope nopety nope

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
There is no connection whatsoever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
noobytoogy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing