Club Touareg Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hoping you guys can help me out, and prefer to post in one of the existing threads to avoid replication.

I've been looking to replace my OEM Touareg 2004 V8 radio (CD NAV version, RNS2) with an aftermarket radio that has better technology, mainly Bluetooth so I can stream Spotify from my iPhone 8. This kind of radio was looking promising, but back then it didn't support the digital amplifier or you wouldnt be able to use all 11 speakers. Reading the later messages on this thread, specifically the ones from Allen, seems this is no longer the case.

Can Allen or anyone who has installed one of these into the same kind of truck I have (again, OEM RNS2 CD NAV Radio), confirm/answer the following?:

- The radio you have suggested Allen (model 7402) supports ALL 11 speakers AND does NOT require the digital amplifier to be bypassed?

- Which version of Android? Can it be upgraded to a newer Android version?

- If streaming music from iPhone/Android via Bluetooth, is the music heard on ALL 11 speakers or only the FRONT?

- Is the installation of this radio easy? (remove OEM, connect new one with a single connector and insert on dashboard)

- Allen, is there a discount for clubtouareg members? I think I read that somewhere?

- Are there any other solutions to just add Bluetooth to this type of OEM radio that support A2DP via Bluetooth to ALL speakers and not only the FRONT ones?

Thank you all in advance!

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
@MADVW, actually there is a compatible problem, we had some customers replaced the original CD based navigation head unit and some cars don't have sound, some cars only half speakers have sound. But some cars is OK, all speakers work well. We are still researching why this happened. Before we have a solution, we don't recommend you to install it if your car has factory CD based on radio.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did have a canshack adapter installed before that let a new aftermarket deck work with the digital amp.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My digital amp stopped working and only played out of one speaker. Also the canshack didn't fade which wasn't a huge deal but after my old amp died I thought I would ditch the canshack and go analog.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts