Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all:
We've received many requests from whom want to replace the factory navi and amplifier system.
As far as we know, there is no in-dash head unit can fit to vehicle came with factory navi and amplifier system. We've installed VW8110 on vehicles came with factory navi and amplifier, the result is that the unit can be powered on but there is no audio output from the car speakers. The audio problem is the
biggest problem. So we have three solutions for you:
1. We have another product which is specially upgrade VW Touareg with stock navi system, it is a video interface, it can add a touchscreen, GPS, Bluetooth and external DVD player. If some one interest in this, we will provide more information.
2. Rewires. VW8110 has built-in amplifier, you can rewire to bypass the original amplifier.
3. VW8110 has four RCA jacks(FL, FR, RL, RR) for audio output. But the signal is very small, it need to be input to amplifier to be amplified, you need to make some modifications to connect VW8110 head unit to the original amplifier.
I ll upload some scheme wiring FYI.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sincerely sorry for the late reply.
New product is not as good as we expected.
But we are still looking a solution to turn on the factory amplifier. Then VW8110 can work on vehicles came with factory navi and amplifier system.
We will update this once there is a new progress.
I am really interested in the results. Looking forward.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news!
We've sold ten units to clubtouareg members last month. So our company will provide 10% discount for all clubtouareg members from now.
VW8110 is now in the New Year sales promotion, we provide 10% discount for all units(head unit, backup camera and all items)
Please click car dvd player, dvd gps, radio gps, navigation system to see more details.
We are also looking for someone who can install VW8110 on his vehicle came with factory navi system successfully and share the experience with all of us, we will provide him 20% discount.
Please feel free to contact [email protected] if you have any questions!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 2005 Touareg with factory NAV unit. Does this replacement unit you are selling work as a replacemeent? Or is it only for the Non-nav touareg?

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
We do not have a change to install this unit on the Touareg with factory NAV system.
We are developing units for NAV Touareg now, please take heed of our company's Web site
car dvd player, dvd gps, radio gps, navigation system

I will be interested in a unit if the issue of the factory Nav /amp can be worked out. Also as much functionality from the steering wheel controls( this seems to be a big hurdle for all canbus 1.6 cars) as possible.

regards
Drag

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I will be interested in a unit if the issue of the factory Nav /amp can be worked out. Also as much functionality from the steering wheel controls( this seems to be a big hurdle for all canbus 1.6 cars) as possible.

regards
Drag
Hi Allen, have you resolved compatibility issues for the 2004 Touareg with navigation and amp? Please address items mentioned in the above quote.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 123 Posts
About this Discussion
122 Replies
35 Participants
Allen Wong
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing