Club Touareg Forum banner

What time of year shall I plan this trip?

• Before June or after Aug to avoid our tires melting on the rocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suck it up and go during the summer months

Votes: 0 0.0%

Socal Treg Offroading Part II - Anza Borrego

7K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  yugodutch 
#1 ·
Okay, after seeing the post on vortex I figured it was time to get me ass in gear and start planning. I did a little research and we have 2 options:
1) Plan the trip for sometime before June or after Aug to avoid having our tires melt to the rocks as we crawl up the hills in 100+ degree weather
2) Suck it up and go sometime between June and Aug.

I personally vote for option 1 but let me know what you guys think.

Anza Borrego Information

#2 ·
I'm in!! Hopefully I won't have anything planned for that weekend.

June 4-5 = Not Good
June 11-12 = Good
June 18-19 = Good
June 25-26 = Not Good
July 2-3 = ????
July 9-10 = Not Good(Disney World Vacation)
July 16-17 = Returning from Disney World
July 23-24 = Good
July 30-31 = Good
Aug 6-7 = Good

#8 ·
Okay then, June 11-12 it is. The average temp for those dates are H96/L62. Is that cool with all of you? I'll start the official round 2 thread with all the info later today or tomorrow.

My next question is: How difficult to you guys wanna go? Obviously I'm not going to select something beyond you or your vehicles capabilities. Are moderate trails cool with you guys?

Also, just as a reminder, most of you are not on air suspension correct? The reason I ask is because there are a few trails that aren't difficult but require decent ground clearence.

#14 ·
Bad news:
We have 2 options:
1) Move the trip to the end of May because the decent trail that I'm looking at for us is closed halfway up from June 1-Sept 30.
2) Drive to the southern part of the park for comperable trails. The down fall to this is that it will add about 1hr to the morning drive. But when you leave to head back up to LA we will be roughly in the same location as if we did the north trail.

Let me know what you think.
is the longer drive in the morning of day1 okay or do you want to move the date to 2weeks earlier?

#18 ·
You are correct, but everybody started listing dates they were avail in June.

We have 2 choices: May 21-22(weekend after 2nd Annual So.Cal Touareg Rally) or May 28-29(memorial day weekend)

Which weekend is best for everybody.

I'm going out there the last weekend of april to scout out the trails.

#26 ·
Sooooo, nobody is driving down from the LA area?
Or did I forget to take a shower again...

Is this thing on? tap. tap. tap.

Can you hear me now? :clap:

In space, no one can hear you scream. Maybe, I'm stuck in
some cyber-space... Is anybody Out There? :confused2:

Did this event get cancelled?

(prior ramblings brought about by a complete lack of interest at work,
or what engineers call an ELGASF)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.