Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------- CONFIRMED EVENT INFORMATION --------------------

Description: Overnight or single day offroad event for Touareg owners and friends. Location provides ample opportunity to engage your Touareg in beginner to expert level offroad experiences.

Dates: March 26 & 27 (Come for one or both days)
Those coming for both days will be camping.
Event Location: Hungry Valley
March 26th Meeting Location: Carls Jr. at 49669 Gorman Post Rd, Gorman CA
March 26th Meeting Time: 10:00 AM PST
March 27th Meeting Location: ???
March 27th Meeting Time: ???

SandyEggo Drive-up Meeting information:
Time: 8:00 AM PST

Los Angeles Drive-up Meeting information:
Time: 9:15 AM PST

Confirmed Participants/Dates/Locations

Nefarious 3/26 & 3/27 SandyEggo
SoCal T-REG 3/26 N. Azusa
razer2k5 3/26 & 3/27 Woodland Hills
reketk 3/26 Eagle Rock
walter 3/26 & 3/27 Los Angeles
yugodutch 3/26 & 3/27 SandyEggo
72mako

Check List of items to bring

Look here on 3/25 for any cancellations due to inclement weather or other.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
POTLUCK INFORMATION:

Nefarious: BBQ, Steak, Ice chest w/ ice (large enough for everybodies potluck stuff)
yugodutch: Drinks, Firewood
razer2k5: ?
walter: ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like most places are a bit of a drive from Los Angeles and so I'm thinking that a weekend outing is probably in the cards, which is good, I've been looking for a reason to break out that tent I stored away a year ago, soaking wet. I'm sure it smells great now.

What about the weekend of March 26th and 27th. Any interest?

Destination can be made later but the links you provided sure do look like good places to go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Love to go and play. I have a book with trails/off road drives in SoCal. I will check it out. Count me in for a weekend trip. Give me some notice to get off work. :joy:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Consider me in. Sundays would be better for me, Saturday mornings is our sons t-ball games. Just give me a few weeks notice so that i can make sure i don't have anything else planned for that day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So Cal Offroading

Yup, you can count me in as well. Another area to consider is the Big Bear area. On the east side of the lake is an area called Holcomb Valley that has excellent off road trails for all levels of difficulty as well as campgrounds if it's gonna be an overniter. And of course there are motels nearby for those so inclined.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the weekend of March 26th and 27th?

Will that work for all that want to go?

For those of you that only want to go for one day (Sunday)
we can set a meeting point for Sunday morning.

This sounds like some serious fun with the Treg.

Besides the date, what about locations?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Earlier the better. But we need to recognize that some may come from as far as San Diego to meet up.

We can hook up with Northerners a bit higher north too.

Perhaps we can meet at a common freeway intersection at say 7 or 8 AM in the mid-Los Angeles basin, like the 5 and 710 freeways? I would say that meeting time would also depend on destination too. Perhaps for the first meeting we can do something *fairly local*. Driving all day on the freeways just to get somewhere, only to have to turn back the following day would put a damper on 4-wheeling. :)

Any concensus on this? Any better ideas are definitely welcome. I'm just tossing rock at this point.

·
Registered
34 Posts
4x4 Socal

Im completely interested I have the weekend to go wherever. We should make a meeting point somewhere in the San Fernando valley Its a good start to go anywhere, and all the freeways are very close.

If no-one objects I could take charge of organizing this event. Feel free to give your $0.02 cents. Ill post back tommorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Count me in from Eagle Rock.
I'm definitely no gearhead or expert, but in my past life (jeep) I have been to Anza Borrego, Big Bear, Pyramid Lake and even Azusa canyon off the 210. I'm a little concerned about not having a full size spare.

·
Registered
34 Posts
From the DMV Website:
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1170

Hungry Valley
(State Vehicular Recreation Areas)
ALERT!
Do to extreme rainfall, Hungry Valley SVRA is closed until further notice.

Im still researching and am going to call the California OHV Division in the morning and will see if it will open anytime soon, hopefully before the end of march.

Ocotillo Wells/Anza Borrego is 200 Miles South Of LA 3 hours or so driving
Pismo/Oceano Dunes 170 miles again 3 hours or so.

Please give imput for more possible destinations.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is starting to shape up nicely. Seven vehicles so far.
Here's who I have as noting they would like to participate:

Nefarious
yugodutch
SoCal T-REG
peterbhere
razer2k5
rektek
and me, walter

Looks like the weekend of March 25-26 will work as well.

Now lets see where you all want to go. I think a concensus here will make the destination obvious. Some of the destinations like Hungry Valley are closed right now due to the rains but I suspect that most will be open in a month.

Here's your chance to chime in on your favorite spot. Let's hear your ideas! Personnaly, I'm up for anything, you decide.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I say we plan for Hungry Hills but have a back up. Do a search for Mecca Hills. It's roughly 1.5hrs from the 10/210/57 interchange. Or, if you guys wanted we could head out east of San Diego and do Ocitillo wells or out in that area. Actually, I could get a good friend of mine to come with us who know's that area extremely well. Just let me know.

Honestly, unless any of you know the area/trails we'll be on I'd feel more comfortable doing something east of san diego where my friend/neighbor is knowledgable... kinda like a free guided tour. But alas, I'm really down for anything

1 - 20 of 122 Posts