Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had much interest from here but figured I'd extend the invitation anyway.

The other thread disappeared so here it goes:

When: Dec 16-17
Where: Anza Borrego
The Plan:
We'll meet up somewhere near Poway/Carmel Mountain/RB. Head out 67 to Julian then 78 to Banner where we'll turn off and take Oriflamme Canyon trail up and over the mountain to S2. From there we'll head out to Diablo Dropoff, down Diablo Dropoff and out to Fishcreek. From there we'll head up Sandstone canyon and camp for the night. Sunday we will play by ear. Oriflamme Canyon is easy but Rodriquez Trail, which is a loop that starts and end on Oriflamme Canyon is a little more difficult. I've never done Rodriguez but I know that just about any decent ground clearance vehicle can make it across Oriflamme so no worries there. The trip out to Diablo Dropoff is also easy and any vehicle with decent ground clearance can make it. You must have 4wd. Lockers aren't needed.

So far there are 9 vehicles going. A few new FJs, a few jeeps, a Disco & a Pathfinder.

Post up if your interested.

More details found here

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks like I will not be able to go. My xmas party is on Friday and I still havent resolved the trailer hitch wireing issue with the dealer/vwoa. I really wanted to pull my trailer out this weekend with the new treg.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Damn, I wish I could go. I promise to hook up with you guys someday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts