Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2006 T-reg v8
27 Posts
You should check out Off-road VAG and Porsche on FB. A few of them are in the group and have some nice builds.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You should check out Off-road VAG and Porsche on FB. A few of them are in the group and have some nice builds.
What if I avoid Facebook at all costs. Any other sources for cool builds?

Reactions: Crispy3

·
Registered
2006 T-reg v8
27 Posts
Maybe Instagram? I don't know. Other then that I would say to stay here. There are a few of us that post our builds on here also.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I knew what the Touaregs could do but I'm pleasantly surprised with the Atlas. Looks pretty good w/ the tires and lift on it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
We need more spotters like that bloke !!!

Reactions: BCR32

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’d love to see the hood light pod on the Gen 1 Cayenne... just think it looks bad ass. Wondering if I can get the adjustable upper A arm for my T3.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I’d love to see the hood light pod on the Gen 1 Cayenne... just think it looks bad ass. Wondering if I can get the adjustable upper A arm for my T3.
Agree 100% on the light pod on a Cayenne. I think in the next few years there will be a ton of aftermarket support for Touareg, Cayenne, and Q7.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fear rhat is wishful thinking so don't hold your breath!
I'm with him.... not only are there not a lot of Touaregs roaming around NA, but most owners are too busy\overwhelmed keeping them running or serviced properly, so there's only a very small percentage who are actually in possession of a well running specimen, who are willing to incur additional expenses to modify them with costly aftermarket (most of the time useless and only for cool points) parts.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
LOL the cayenne and toureg have been important for 17 years now, if you think they are just now going to start building parts for it you are on something else :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Serious off roading would be for the older T'regs owned by, well off road geeks is kinda wrong, who have bought a cheap TDI with real off road capability and little to lose.
The new ones are not particularly suited for real 4 WD off road and are basically boulevard cruisers that might go in the snow.
Perfect for me, even in Florida where we don't see snow.
The only real reason I have a 2012 Touareg is that it is a little taller than a Passat and easier for your elders to get in and out of and it tows my 16' Scamp really well. (there is an advantage to 400 ft lbs of torque).
Between an older Jeep and and old Touareg is an individual choice, but most of the crimson head support crowd would not even be aware of the Touareg.

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL the cayenne and toureg have been important for 17 years now, if you think they are just now going to start building parts for it you are on something else :)
The Eurowise parts on one of the Caynenne's in the video are new. If we make enough noise about wanting parts, I don't think its outlandish to think that a company like Eurowise would develop stuff. I've already pointed them to the many intercooler conversations we have around here. Will that turn into a different intercooler solution for us, who knows but the noise is being heard.

[Edit]: Also overloading or off-roading has become a "cool" thing do now. I mean Porsche is literally about to sell an off-roading version of the 911 Turbo. (my bet is it is officially called "911 Turbo Safari") Not everyone is going to be able to afford an almost $200k off roader but will still want to do it. In comes Cayenne, Touareg and Q7.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Overland type stuff has been cool since the late 70s, early 80s.. as evident by the Land Rover Defenders, Land Cruisers etc of the time

·
Super Moderator
9,592 Posts
I have been here for awhile. After market is not going to waste time on a vehicle that is not owned by a lot of people here in NA. You got a couple little places that will make parts, but I would not expect to see stuff like you do for Jeeps and such. Not enough interest for them to tool for something of little return on their investment.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts