Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have seen my post about electronically fully dead T2. Why I sort out the issues I need to know how to manually get the vehicle into N so I can roll it. I've read a few posts of dealers who didn't even know how todo it...what is the trick!??!?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Open the ashtray. Pull the forward part of the chrome rectangle and remove it completely. Locate the access slot (see below pics). Get ready a flashlight. Use a slotted screwdriver to shift the red latch to the left. This will unlock the selector button.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Open the ashtray. Pull the forward part of the chrome rectangle and remove it completely. Locate the access slot (see below pics). Get ready a flashlight. Use a slotted screwdriver to shift the red latch to the left. This will unlock the selector button.
Thanks. I did find a solution that involved taking out the center console bin, 2 torx screws, popping the top cover off that includes the fake, wood, switches...ect and then pushing in a small white button on the starboard side. I didn't see a red lever. Any chance this is different with a Euro model...as these photos are in Russian.

Was it easy to get that silver trim ring out w/o breaking it?

I'll include the write up I used and then I added my photo to the end:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...l-about-to-be-dragged-onto-flatbed-26769.html

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thanks. I did find a solution that involved taking out the center console bin, 2 torx screws, popping the top cover off that includes the fake, wood, switches...ect and then pushing in a small white button on the starboard side. I didn't see a red lever. Any chance this is different with a Euro model...as these photos are in Russian.

Was it easy to get that silver trim ring out w/o breaking it?

I'll include the write up I used and then I added my photo to the end:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...l-about-to-be-dragged-onto-flatbed-26769.html
Starboard side :) Do you have yacht or something?
Glad, you found the solution. Yes, photos notes are written in Russian. You will not break the silver trim ring if you handle it with care. I read one thread about that problem. The lever could be red, yellow or white. There is another, an elegant way to unlock the tranny, just the jumper between two fuses. But you said your Treg was electronically fully dead.
P.S. Following the link you provided, see post#3.
Popped the trim off and found the gear lever catch in the front near a red piece of plastic on the left front side of the shifter. Took us a while to find it and get the shifter into neutral.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just said starboard to make people think! (yes we boat) as I've learned saying "drivers side" is a bad thing todo with right had drivers in the world!

I'd love to know the jumper trick. I had power...just all systems had lost communication due to a can bus wire in the loom that had corroded!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I just said starboard to make people think! (yes we boat) as I've learned saying "drivers side" is a bad thing todo with right had drivers in the world!

I'd love to know the jumper trick. I had power...just all systems had lost communication due to a can bus wire in the loom that had corroded!
I see now your signature, Delaware.
Starboard side fuse panel. Shift selector to the neutral, once the jumper connected.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see now your signature, Delaware.
Move selector to the neutral, when connecting the jumper.
Great. Can the jumper be left in or is something you do only intermittent when you attempt to move out of PARK the first time?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dunno, honestly. But I heard that method even recommended by dealer mechanics.
Good to know. That's going in my glove box for the day I don't need it!

In our parts half the dealers don't know how todo this. Stories in this forum and others of cars sitting in parking garages and homes for weeks before the owner figures it out on their own...with no dealers having a clue. One dealer did send a tech to the owners house to help the towing company, I'm sure all that at the owners expense!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts