Discussion Starter #1
first run: 16.354 seconds in the quarter mile, automatic shifting
(against a chipped Jetta TSi)

second run: 16.327 seconds, tiptronic shifting
(against a VW beetle w/APR tune)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Enjoyed the video, well done. Respectable result. It seems that the standard Aisin gearbox delivers close to the optimum performance.

Some people like to exaggerate their hot mods. There is nothing like competition to shine a spotlight on the truth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm unsure if the US models have this (or the V6), but my New Zealand 2011 T3 V8 TDi has launch control.
Put the transmission into Sport mode, turn traction control off, hold your left foot firmly on the brake and hit the throttle hard with your right foot. The car will stay perfectly still but it will rev up nicely. When ready, take your left foot off the brake and away she goes!
If it works on your Treg I think you will be impressed by the performance off the line...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm unsure if the US models have this (or the V6), but my New Zealand 2011 T3 V8 TDi has launch control.
Put the transmission into Sport mode, turn traction control off, hold your left foot firmly on the brake and hit the throttle hard with your right foot. The car will stay perfectly still but it will rev up nicely. When ready, take your left foot off the brake and away she goes!
If it works on your Treg I think you will be impressed by the performance off the line...
Is this the launch control you speak of?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Enjoyed the video, well done. Respectable result. It seems that the standard Aisin gearbox delivers close to the optimum performance.

Some people like to exaggerate their hot mods. There is nothing like competition to shine a spotlight on the truth.
The only truth is the fact that this is a capable SUV\TV which is not well suited for drag racing.... and even with considerable mods will NOT be fast.... a low 16 in the 1320 wasn't considered fast 15 years ago, and sure as hell isn't these days either.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Something was up with his ride.. it was only shifting at 3700-3800. Pretty sure mine shfits at 4200, 4400 or so stock?? Something like that

I bet that was a dealer car that never got floored so the tranny shift program adapted to a lower shift point.

Also, every article and magazine I can find indicates the stock 3.0 should be high 15's (15.8-15.9) in the 1/4 mile stock.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Watch the video again. In the first run, with auto shifting, his tachometer was easily over 4000 on pretty much every gear change. Not sure why he claims it was not since it shows in the video.

On the second run he was shifting manually at lower rpm.
Something was up with his ride.. it was only shifting at 3700-3800. Pretty sure mine shfits at 4200, 4400 or so stock?? Something like that

I bet that was a dealer car that never got floored so the tranny shift program adapted to a lower shift point.

Also, every article and magazine I can find indicates the stock 3.0 should be high 15's (15.8-15.9) in the 1/4 mile stock.
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
You're right the first race he was winding it out but not the other 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts