Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm going to buy a Ski/Snowboard holder for the top of my 2014 Touareg. Just checking if anyone has bought one that they would recommend/ if anyone has any pictures of them installed.
My preference is the Yakima brand with red lettering, or VW brand.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
VW OEM bars are vey good. I also have a set. Thule and Yakima make very good bars. I went for the Thule one, but it holds them vertically and t is not attached to the roof bars, but the rear towbar/hitch. I usually take a few boards and it is a lot more convenient in reaching for them. Bought it in Europe.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Yakima Fatcat is a nice snowboard rack for sure. I know you'll like it.

I opted to go with a roof box instead of a rack; keeps the boards cleaner.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm surprised that there is zero wind noise while traveling with skis/snowboards! Not having a sunroof may help with this, but the ride is silent up to about 100mph. The Yakima brand is high quality and the style matches my car very well. I had ordered a wind deflector, but it required round bars, and the OEM VW roof rails were too big. Glad to say that I won't need it!:mrgreen:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.