Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not going to be keeping my 2011 Touareg and as such will no longer need the snow tire/wheel combination I just purchased this winter. This was a combo package purchased from the TireRack.

So, for sale are 4 Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow in the 255/55/18 size. These are the 109H rated version. These are mounted on 18x8 Sport Edition TX8 Silver wheels. These are 5/130 bolt spacing with +50mm offset.

I've put about 3,000 miles on the tires since receiving them. The depth measures on my gauge as 10/32, which doesn't seem right as they claim the new spec is 14/32. But that is the measurement even though the tires still appear brand new. (At the purchasers request I will be happy to email them a copy of the invoice showing purchase date.)

There is an issue with one of the rims where it has a dent in it as if it hit a curb. I opened a case with TireRack as I know I never hit anything that could do that dent, but since the tires have been used it can not be proven that they shipped it that way. I had my mechanic dismount the tire and he confirmed the rim is bent but the tire is perfect and shows no indication of an impact. This bend in the rim does produce a touch of a vibration so it will definitely need to be replaced, but TireRack is out of stock with an ETA of 3/14/12 on a new shipment. A new wheel costs $155 and I will definitely take the required replacement into account in my sales price.

Pictures of everything can be found here: https://picasaweb.google.com/slongtemps/SnowTires?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKOu4aiEx72vwgE&feat=directlink

Brand new this set cost me just over $1400. Due the required wheel replacement I will take $650 for the set.

I would prefer a local pick-up, but will also ship them via FedEx Ground at a calculated shipping cost of approx $120.

For a local pick-up I will accept cash or a USPS Money Order.
For a shipped order I will accept a PayPal Purchase payment.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry - I should have clarified that - no TPMS.

TPMS is way too expensive to put in a snow tire that gets 3 month use a year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts