Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all you "Tou-fanatics" :dance:
Snow-chains for my 19" wheels:-

Where to get them and are there any problems to look out for.???
Front wheel install will be better I guess...better steering???

Regards

·
Administrator
4,378 Posts
DO NOT RUN THE 19" WHEELS IN THE SNOW! The stock Pirelli's are SUMMER tires ONLY!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, regarding your 19's, I've been through 3 sets of tires (Pirelli's,Michelins diamaris',Hancooks) and now I have what I feel are the best...Goodyears. A lot of tread and handle and ride unbelievable (400 wear rating too).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello from Capo Beach,

NAPA Auto Parts in San Clemente is a good source. On the main drag south of Del Mar Ave, on the ocean side of the street.

Chains on the front. Fit them before you need to use them.

Another trick I learned many years ago is to carry a couple of wood blocks to drive up on so that the chains can be moved and adjusted very easily. Just place the blocks several openings back from the front on the chains (where the tire will contact the road), adjust the chains, and drive off the blocks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello again,

When I stated "chains" I meant cable units. I guess they still make the old style chains, heavy and a pain in the butt to install, slow to drive, etc., but NAPA carries, or in my case ordered, cables for my Trey...soon to have 255.70.17 Bridgestone Revos on Italia wheels, powder coated black.

See you in the snow.

Foamy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.