Club Touareg Forum banner

smart charger

6K views 47 replies 3 participants last post by  christian438 
#1 ·
do i need to charge my battery with a smart charger to put it fulli have a touareg only front 6 mounth v10 tdi 2006 before i had a Tacoma 2013 i charge my battery with a smart charger thank for help

#2 ·
It really depends on the condition of your battery, how often you drive it, and even the type of battery. You can never go wrong with a good smart charger, like the Ctek MXS 5.0, but a regular charger will top up your battery. Where a good smart battery charger will change to a trickle charge or stop charging when the battery is fully charged, a regular charger may happily boil your battery dry, continuing to charge it after it's already charged. Batteries run $150 -$300 for Tregs. That smart charger I recommended is $100. I'll leave the math up to you.

#8 ·
I don't know anything about the Mercedes Charger. If it has a maintenance mode, sulphation reduction mode and mode for different battery types (Standard/AGM), it might be worth a shot. The Ctek charger I suggested is pretty well regarded.
I don't know anything about the Mercedes Charger. If it has a maintenance mode, sulphation reduction mode and mode for different battery types (Standard/AGM), it might be worth a shot. The Ctek charger I suggested is pretty well regarded.

#23 ·
yes i got it from a volkwagen performance shop the owner take out motor and change cam et all parts defect i see picture my god he did nice job stage 2 plus malone tuning ,brake caliper all so now i just need to do maintenance i work before in farm equpment massey fergusson so but i dont know those engine running on liqui moly ,in air conditionning i had a hose leaking so i send it to change hose and fix it! i had a code maf i change it and know no more cel good i have that programm to check code and erase code and make test !i will lern on it slowly!but garage is close here so i relax now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.