Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need to charge my battery with a smart charger to put it fulli have a touareg only front 6 mounth v10 tdi 2006 before i had a Tacoma 2013 i charge my battery with a smart charger thank for help

·
Registered
286 Posts
It really depends on the condition of your battery, how often you drive it, and even the type of battery. You can never go wrong with a good smart charger, like the Ctek MXS 5.0, but a regular charger will top up your battery. Where a good smart battery charger will change to a trickle charge or stop charging when the battery is fully charged, a regular charger may happily boil your battery dry, continuing to charge it after it's already charged. Batteries run $150 -$300 for Tregs. That smart charger I recommended is $100. I'll leave the math up to you.

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for advise my two battery are 1 year old yes i will buy it thank my god my Tacoma was still the genuine battery i never change a battery but i now i have that touareg i will used it winter too thank for youre help

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i found a mercedes smart charger if you store youre car do you think it is good for my touareg i found a ad here close to my house or better i buy the ctek

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't know anything about the Mercedes Charger. If it has a maintenance mode, sulphation reduction mode and mode for different battery types (Standard/AGM), it might be worth a shot. The Ctek charger I suggested is pretty well regarded.

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thank i think i will the one you advise me on line!thank you my friend

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know anything about the Mercedes Charger. If it has a maintenance mode, sulphation reduction mode and mode for different battery types (Standard/AGM), it might be worth a shot. The Ctek charger I suggested is pretty well regarded.

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you i will go look that smart maintenance charger good deal if good on agm and standart thank if not good i will buy the ctek charger

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
838 Posts
The Mercedes charger is a Ctek charger with Mercedes-AMG logos....

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i buy it the mercedes it is a maintenance smart charger made for mercedes by ctek it can be use in any kind lead battery agm ,nornarl gel charge very low!

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It really depends on the condition of your battery, how often you drive it, and even the type of battery. You can never go wrong with a good smart charger, like the Ctek MXS 5.0, but a regular charger will top up your battery. Where a good smart battery charger will change to a trickle charge or stop charging when the battery is fully charged, a regular charger may happily boil your battery dry, continuing to charge it after it's already charged. Batteries run $150 -$300 for Tregs. That smart charger I recommended is $100. I'll leave the math up to you.

·
Registered
touareg 2006 r50 v10
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have a question i charge my battery underhood place the negative and positive post is it going to charge the both battery with my smart charger ctek mercedes

1 - 20 of 48 Posts