Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wanted to ask whether it is possible or anyway I could clear up slight rust underneath my Touareg. Would like to make it look new again. Below are pictures, though they arent very clear, theres slight rust but if anyone knows any suggestions please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It's your exhaust, not body.

Quite a few people have just used a metal polish to bring it back.

One or two have even painted it black with exhaust paint. Not sure I'd go that route!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Aluminium foil and coca cola....seriously!

I've seen enough youtube videos to convince me that it's not the only way, but it's probably the cheapest effective way.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Aluminium foil and coca cola....seriously!

I've seen enough youtube videos to convince me that it's not the only way, but it's probably the cheapest effective way.
Ali foil seems to get rid of all sorts of things . . . [and it looks like Bill's not up to much after all!!]

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
It's cosmetic,so no issue to the body, get high temp aluminum spray paint used on gas grills. I used it when I was concerned,not knowing it was the muffler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Thanks for tip! I managed to use coke and tin foil when I did a carwash on the weekend and noticed it helped. Hard bit was have to be low to scrub it properly but definitely made a difference.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts