Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bad ace, just bad ace- still have questions about the vag mod you have done on the hight- mainly can you drive in the lowest setting and if you can is that setting lower thatn your "load" low setting? And has your wheel diameter increase - if any- at all affected how low you can set it, mainly with turns in mind? Thanks! Nice agian-

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No increase in diameter. Tire size is 275/40-20. Still about 29" in diameter.

The photos are actually loading level. The VAG mod doesn't change the fact that you can't drive in loading level. It only lowers the overall settings of the car. In my case, the settings are about 1 1/4" lower. Here is a photo of the car in auto level:

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You cannot drive on loading level (top pictures). But the picture just up two posts is regular auto level. This is about 1 1/4" below unmodified auto level. I haven't measured the other levels to compare them to stock but it should be 1 1/4" lower at all levels.

Given that stock sport level is 25 mm lower that stock auto level, and stock loading level is another 30 mm below sport level, I am running lower in modified auto mode than stock sport mode and as low as stock loading level when the car drops to modified sport level.

A chart would look like this:
Level - stock - modified (ground clearance in mm)
Loading - 160 - 130
+112 mph sport - 180 - 150
+80 mph sport - 190 - 160
Auto - 215 - 185
Offroad - 240 - 210
Xtra - 300 - 270

I have to put everything back to stock and put the stock tires back on for a service appointment on Wednesday. I think when I get the car back, I will only lower it 25 mm (1") as an 1 1/4" may be excessive given the above chart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sweet stuff, I bet it looks pretty sweet in motion then @ sport - with just a little less space between the tire and fender- Wheels sure fit well- european style - looks very "clean" to me-

Stock on the S4? probably have some sick Champion MS wheels on there huh! Nice set of cars SPOCK. Where do you find a wife so ok with such fun cars? LOL-

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The S4 is her car.

Back to my chart and the lowering, I measured the car at sport mode a few minutes ago. It isn't dropped the full 25 mm from Auto to Sport. It's only going down 19 mm. I will have to check to see if this is the way it acts in unmodified mode when I reset the level on Tuesday. So the chart should look like this:

Level - stock - modified (ground clearance in mm)
Loading - 160 - 136
+112 mph sport - 180 - 156
+80 mph sport - 190 - 166
Auto - 215 - 185
Offroad - 240 - 210
Xtra - 300 - 270

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So when I had the Blue silver V8, I had blue and white wheel center emblems I bought from an eBay seller:

Now with the silver V10 the center cap emblems just didn't look that good so I found a set of black and silver emblems on eBay:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.