Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Been looking for a decent skid plate for my '12 TDI and recently came across this: Steel skid plate for VW Touareg. Doesn't look like it's of the highest quality, but I haven't found too many T3 skid plates and it's relatively cheap with free shipping. They also offer one for the transmission. Thoughts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
interesting, shipping should be ok with DHL. Could be a good find. My initial thought was why not aluminum...
DJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah aluminum would certainly be better, I’m assuming they went with steel for cost. Only initial concern is that it says it’s powder coated and it’s certainly not stainless at this price, so after a few encounters with a with a rock, I’d imagine it could start to rust

·
Registered
5 Posts
I disagree that aluminum is superior to steel for skid plates. Steel is ~2x stronger and way more durable and harder to bend than aluminum. The added weight difference is negligible when it's hanging below a heavy SUV.
These look like good skid plates but I tried to check out and no country option for USA? Are we out of luck?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I disagree that aluminum is superior to steel for skid plates. Steel is ~2x stronger and way more durable and harder to bend than aluminum. The added weight difference is negligible when it's hanging below a heavy SUV.
These look like good skid plates but I tried to check out and no country option for USA? Are we out of luck?
Yep you’re absolutely right, not sure how I missed that. I may shoot them an email and see if we can get them to ship to the US, particularly if we have a small group interested in ordering.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The vendor replied re: shipping to USA:

Good day,

Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately,we can't provide shipping to USA,due the Covid-19 situation .As soon the situation gets normalized,then we will restart the oversea shipping procedure.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards.
Hunor Vass
Black Skid Plate SRL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vendor replied re: shipping to USA:

Good day,

Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately,we can't provide shipping to USA,due the Covid-19 situation .As soon the situation gets normalized,then we will restart the oversea shipping procedure.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards.
Hunor Vass
Black Skid Plate SRL
Just got my response, same thing. Well, at least it might be available in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime, maybe someone in Europe can give this a try! I'd love to see some pictures of it on the vehicle if anyone does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great find! I've been looking for something for weeks now. Hopefully "Rona" is gone soon so I can get these.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just a FYI, Forge Motorsport Overland has made a skid plate for the T3. It’s in their testing phase and should be released soon, hopefully. And they are from the States!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a FYI, Forge Motorsport Overland has made a skid plate for the T3. It’s in their testing phase and should be released soon, hopefully. And they are from the States!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's huge, really happy to to see Forge venture into the T3 aftermarket recently, any word on pricing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts