Club Touareg Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I live in North Scottsdale where there are a lot of mountains and I was out the other night with my girlfriend so we decided to go up a mountain road to as high as we could get and open the sunroof, get up, and sit on the roof and dangle our feet through the sunroof while looking at city lights (you can see all of Phoenix from by my house, it's breathtaking). It's also fun to just lay back on the roof and look at stars. Anyways, I looked up the weight limits for the roof and it's 220lbs. Combined, my girlfriend and I weigh about about 220...is the weight limit for things that are mounted on those two bars that go from front to back or is it a general weight limit? I don't want to dent the roof of my car. Do you think it would be safe for one person to sit up there (I weigh about 130)? I checked out my car carefully afterwards (it is my baby after all) and didn't notice any dents at all or anything, but I just want to be safe. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
612 Posts
i danced with two girls on top of the roof one time, but we stayed on the sides and front, not in the middle, only damage was small dent left by one of the girls just infront of the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
i danced with two girls on top of the roof one time, but we stayed on the sides and front
Are you friggin' serious??? :D:?::D

You mean you were drunk enough to dance on the roof but sober enough to stay on the edges...? :dance::confused2::dance::confused2: ... and not fall off... :clap:

Rather show me a pic of you and the girls, not the stupid dent!!! :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
you probibly would not believe me if i said that we were naked also. some drunk night when a group of people was camping in the middle of nowhere. lets just say if the egg did not have such a good sound system that would have never happened. lol.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If you haven't been to Austin in the spring, you don't know what you've been missing.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
you probibly would not believe me if i said that we were naked also. some drunk night when a group of people was camping in the middle of nowhere. lets just say if the egg did not have such a good sound system that would have never happened. lol.
Bow DownBow DownBow DownBow Down

·
Administrator
4,374 Posts
I thought it wasn't polite to boast, but subtle details are allowed.

·
Administrator
4,374 Posts

·
Administrator
4,374 Posts
Nope, nothing subtle about that. Thread closed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.