Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread was started in the hopes that a site admin would notice it.
Since the revamp of this site, now in each thread is listed the members username as they post an answer in a thread.
Under the members username it shows the join date and the # of posts.
It used to list the vehicle year/trim that the member owns. It no longer does.
Now I've seen plenty of threads where a member will ask for repair advice but then must be asked what year/trim it is.
I know some members have more than one Treg but would it be that difficult to add at least two of them under the members username in threads?
Also... this is for members who post in threads or start threads asking for repair info. Please put the year and trim of the Treg you are looking for help with in your first post of the thread or the title if it fits. It would help others who would like to help do so easier. Thanks.

·
Administrator
534 Posts
This thread was started in the hopes that a site admin would notice it.
Since the revamp of this site, now in each thread is listed the members username as they post an answer in a thread.
Under the members username it shows the join date and the # of posts.
It used to list the vehicle year/trim that the member owns. It no longer does.
Now I've seen plenty of threads where a member will ask for repair advice but then must be asked what year/trim it is.
I know some members have more than one Treg but would it be that difficult to add at least two of them under the members username in threads?
Also... this is for members who post in threads or start threads asking for repair info. Please put the year and trim of the Treg you are looking for help with in your first post of the thread or the title if it fits. It would help others who would like to help do so easier. Thanks.
@New2Tregs

We should have the "vehicle info" rolling out to communities this week and it will show under the users avatar.

If you hover over a user's name you should be able to see their profile info, join date, post counts, etc.

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,810 Posts
Thankyou.

We do understand that hovering over their username, will (after a period of time) display a brief summary of the user....but, as we have always asked and referred to, may not show the users car details as that piece of information is not mandatory as per the sites software structure. It would be most helpful if it was mandatory, and displayed just like the (lesser important) joined date and post count.

·
Administrator
534 Posts
A light tap should function the same as a hover on your device.

Also as of the last update (yesterday):
Topical Profile Info
You can now add specific information to personalize your profile. This information will be easy to see and share underneath your avatar in posts. You can find out more in your profile settings.

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,810 Posts
Topical Profile Info
You can now add specific information to personalize your profile. This information will be easy to see and share underneath your avatar in posts. You can find out more in your profile settings.

-Gerrit
So,
User identifable information is still by choice, or compulsory now? Specifically, vehicle type/year etc

·
Registered
2004, V10, AYH
77 Posts
Woo...I've added my vehicle details and it is now showing.

I know there is a country flag beside each username, but it would be good if we could have location shown together with vehicle details.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,810 Posts
Woo...I've added my vehicle details and it is now showing.

I know there is a country flag beside each username, but it would be good if we could have location shown together with vehicle details.
PJ - you are a superstar. Many thanks mate ;)

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A light tap should function the same as a hover on your device.

Topical Profile Info

-Gerrit
Awesome job. It does work and I've updated. I'm hoping this helps without creating too much clutter.

It is still up to each person posting to let others know which vehicle they need help with.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,810 Posts
It will help to send emails to members letting them know of the changes.
I'm enquiring about that as a possibility.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe next the "Push Notifications" pop-up/drop-down can be eliminated ??

·
Administrator
534 Posts
This should be dismiss-able now. If it is still being persistent, please try clearing your browser cache to make sure it makes room to save the dismissal cookie.
-Philip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts