Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 TDI Lux is losing presets after SeriusXM sends an updated channel list. I’m tired of having to reset them.

The idiots at SiriusXM are giving different stories with the end result being that they think I need to take it into a dealer and have them update the “satellite module”. They can tell anything specific like a version level, reference to a technical bulletin or anything. Just “take it in”.

I called the dealer and they can look at it and will charge me by the hour but are not familiar with any service bulletins.

Has anyone had this resolved by a dealer? I have the Ross-Tech stuff so I can check to see if I am up to date without going in. I just don’t know what to look for.

Thanks

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2013. I'm debating updating my firmware to the latest version, but I hear it may also introduce some other issues. I've had to reset my stations 3 times since July. So not that bad. I'll live with it for now, but I'm interested in a fix.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scuba. I think I will live with it also unless I hear of a specific fix. I don’t want the dealer running up my tab when it could be something quick...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yours probably already has the latest firmware. so I guess there's no fix there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From just this morning. Presets were full.

Took almost my entire 27 mile commute to work this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s exactly what mine does. I found a lot of info after doing some google searches but no indication of a fix. VW blames SiriusXM and they blame VW. I found where some dealers have contacted SiriusXM, worked on vehicles for hours, and still have no resolution. Neither is motivated enough to attempt to resolve it.

SiriusXM did provide me with an ingenious workaround solution “just don’t use the presets”

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2016 TDI. This morning, it updated then did not have any volume. I get the same thing in my 2016 Allroad. Makes me not want to have XM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 of the main reasons I joined this forum was to search for a solution to this issue, which is easily the most annoying "feature" of this vehicle.

·
Registered
827 Posts
This must be an epidemic, My 2016 with 5000 miles is doing this on a regular basis. I will be going in for servicing in the next several weeks and ask the question. I don't expect an answer BTW.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s happening much more often on my 2016. I don’t loose the presets all the time but almost everyday it updates and I loose the volume control. By the time I get where I am going it finishes. By the time I get home the volume controls are back. Then the cycle starts over the next day.

I did find that I can switch to AM or FM, adjust the volume, and then go back to XM. At least it is partially functional....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Been dealing with for over 1 1/2 years now, somebody at either VW or Sirus knows what is going on but either won't or can't fix it at this point.

My 2009 A4 updates no problem so it leads me to believe the V711 Firmware that I updated to for Touareg is the problem.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have earlier firmware and still have the same problem. I have also read complaints on Audi, BMW, Subaru and Tesla forums about the same problem. Obviously Sirius doesn't want to admit they need to fix this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have similar problems with my 2016 TDI. It has forgotten the Sirius XM channels probably 3 times in the last 10 days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts