Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new owner of a 2016 TDI Lux, I've been trying to figure out why I've been getting a single "beep" from the dash anywhere from 20-40 seconds after starting the car, and without any warning lights or alerts.

After much puzzlement and head scratching, I finally figured it out - the car will beep after it finishes linking my cell phone via bluetooth, and finishes downloading current data such as recent calls - in essence, it's beeping to let me know the phone is ready for use.

Hope this may help others who may be wondering why they are getting a random noise!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Nice post. So few have a '16. Good to know.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The one that always gets me is the beep to tell you it's cold outside. In the Beetle a little snowflake icon displays but no beep.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, the "snowflake beep" is a separate beep as well. Given the cacophony of different beeps coming from the Treg on startup (since the parking sensors tend to squawk as well in close quarters) I seriously considered naming my new beast "R2-D2" or "BB-8". [a Star Wars reference for those of you who may not be fans]

Absolutely wonderful car, though. My only regret is that I took delivery on Sept 10 - a week before the VW bombshell hit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Never heard a ding, with the exception of low temperature warning. Haven't heard anything from stereo indicating a confirmation tone of a successful phone connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts