Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have just joined this forum and also just taken ownership of my first Touareg. As a result go easy on me if I've posted this in the wrong place, hopefully you can help me with my question and thanks and advance.

I have a 2015 r line 262 3.0 v6 which is awesome and I have clocked up my first 100 miles. One thing that is a bit gutting is that I didn't order the reverse camera and now I am regretting it, well sort of, it was an optional extra that was another £800. Saving that money has been great, but I now want to add a reverse camera and so have been looking at cheap options that are also the easiest way to install.

Reading across this forum, I understand that you cannot connect one directly to the head unit it has to go through the auxiliary in the centre console.

Some help I am looking for...

Question 1:
From this forum I understand the AV lead part number I need is: 4f0051510n. This seems to be posted everywhere as for the Audi, is it definitely the right part for the Touareg? has anyone used this with a reverse camera on AV input through this?

Question 2:
What type of reverse cameras have people used?

There seems to be options for:
1. Adding an aftermarket reverse camera with an AV lead rooted through the car to the centre console and connected to the auxiliary lead above. Is routing the lead through the car easy or not?

2. Adding an aftermarket reverse camera that has Wi-Fi and then putting the receiver in the centre console and connecting to the lead above.

Any help would be really appreciated thank you in advance. It would also be great to get options and see what other people have done to add a reverse camera.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have made some progress researching this. Simplest option may be to plug a wifi camera in the boot using the 12v power already there and sticking the camera on the rear window.

Everything else looks to complicated.

Some views would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are spot on, everything else looks overly complicated.

It is a shame as I found two neat aftermarket that integrate cameras into the number plate light, or boot handle (with a shorter handle and the camera on the right of this).

Issue with both of these (even if used with wifi) is where to draw the power from? It appears everything in the tailgate is can is related and so getting a 12v feed doesn't seem possible, is that right? Getting an AV lead through to the console would be a pain but possible (and this can be linked to the rns-850 by getting the right converter lead for the centre console)

Look at this on eBay
VW Touareg (7P5) 2011 Car Reverse Parking Camera Kit Night Vision Waterproof

Look at this on eBay
HD Car Rear view reverse backup Camera for VW Sharan/ Touareg trunk handle

If power could be sourced in the tailgate then replacing a tailgate number plate light or boot handle would be fairly straightforward.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi funny enough I posted a similar question on MyTreg earlier today having picked up my R line last week. I also thought the Area view was an expensive extra as quoted £900.00. Be interested in comments on this as also saw the cameras you mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts