Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2017 Adventure V6 TDI 180kw second hand 44500km and very well looked after. I was thinking of getting some side steps. Anyone done this and what did they get? Pros and Cons for fitting please

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is why I don't like them: They spent the entire winter cover in snow and ice. My garage was not heated, so maybe that would have helped.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I once installed these for my pregnant wife so that the car is easier to climb in. I removed them as soon the child was born. They smear pants/legs with dirt every time I get in or out of the car, and they hit my shin when I try to put my child in the car seat. One could always stand further to avoid hitting it but good luck on the lower back...

·
Registered
34 Posts
A day after buying my 2010 TDI my missus found it quite difficult to climb up into the passenger front, or indeed, any seat due to the fact that she's ..er!...vertically compromised. At just under five feet tall and of advanced years, she simply couldn't get into the Touareg without extreme difficulty, so the side steps were a no-brainer. As the recipient of three hip replacements I also find them a great help and I'm very happy that I purchased them. Unfortunately my year vehicle is not catered for in Australia so bought them from the UK.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Tim that is very kind of you. Did you not like them on and would they fit my 2017?? Maybe if you could send picture??
I'll have to dig them out and dust them off. I'll get back to you in a day or two.
The reason I chose not to use them was mainly that I had to remove some plastic guard bits to fit them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll have to dig them out and dust them off. I'll get back to you in a day or two.
The reason I chose not to use them was mainly that I had to remove some plastic guard bits to fit them.
Not necessary to permanently remove the plastic guards, all I did was to cut narrow slots t accommodate the aluminium support bars, and it came out very neat

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just bought a 2017 Adventure V6 TDI 180kw second hand 44500km and very well looked after. I was thinking of getting some side steps. Anyone done this and what did they get? Pros and Cons for fitting please
Hi I have fitted a set on my 2015 TDI and my wife loves them because she is also vertically challenged. The only issue I have is that I can't use the jack because they get in the way, other that that they look great and work great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Tim,
Thank you for your reply and photos. Sorry about the late reply as I have been away with the fires here.
I am in Melbourne, where are you located??

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see a company jhp.com.au have retractable side steps and are based in Melbourne they may be of interest

Reactions: Water Rat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but does anyone have a set of side steps for an 09?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks Tim that is pretty close. I am in Sandhurst. What is a good time for you??
Pretty much any time except Wednesday mornings, when I shoot, and Sunday afternoons when I sail. If you aren't in a hurry, there is a pistol club member who lives in Sandhurst, and I could get him to take them home next Wed. if that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Tim, No hurry at all. My son is with the Carrum Pistol club - Chris Hurwood - Happy for your fried to drop it off 0418312571 21 Daintree Dve Sandhurst. And thankyou for the side steps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts