Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know about any place in Sydney where I can buy and get installed side steps for reasonable price?

I was also thinking about getting nudge bar but then I read somewhere that it can interfere with parking sensor, do you know if its possible to get it done(where?) or not?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I would look for someone to do some custom bar work for you. I've thought about the parking sensors, too. I think with some careful placement, you can avoid them.

Here in the states we call them push bars or brush guards. When the time comes, a custom guard will be my only option, I think. Brush guards are not that popular with this SUV, as few here in the 'States ever go offroad. :- (

·
Registered
81 Posts
Side steps & Nudge bar

I cant speak for side steps, but had a nudge bar made for my 2007 Treg in that year in W.A.. Somewhere on this forum there are photos of it. Initally the parking sensors went crazy but after a while got used to it and gave up screaming.Took about 3 weeks. I am sure you could get side steps made up for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Side steps

Hi, I had side steps installed on my T3 before I collected it new Nov 2013,
Dealer was southern cross classic cars in Wollongong.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do you know about any place in Sydney where I can buy and get installed side steps for reasonable price?

I was also thinking about getting nudge bar but then I read somewhere that it can interfere with parking sensor, do you know if its possible to get it done(where?) or not?

Thank you
Hi bion.
I would be more concerned about how the nudge bar would effect the crash sensors and the airbag deployment should you have a high speed crash.
I was also thinking of getting a nudge bar soon.

See this link from this forum.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f67/just-found-this-nudge-bar-by-chance-29976.html

Stuart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts