21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Puddle lights are on the mirrors to illuminate puddles as you walk to the car

·
Registered
129 Posts
So, nobody found a way for all 4 tail lights to have the same brightness? I wanna install P21W LEDs in all 4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So, nobody found a way for all 4 tail lights to have the same brightness? I wanna install P21W LEDs in all 4.
I never figured it out. I went back to standard coding for now, only outers for brake/turn.

I’ve been thinking I’m just gonna bite the bullet and get a set of OEM LED tails and be done with it. Coding for that has already been published.

Also still never figured out the puddle light coding to match them with interior lights when unlocking. Still only working on only coming home auto function for me :(

·
Registered
672 Posts
Perhaps that’s just the way the 2011 BCM is. On my 2015, puddle lights activate whenever I unlock, regardless of switch position or ambient light.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Perhaps that’s just the way the 2011 BCM is. On my 2015, puddle lights activate whenever I unlock, regardless of switch position or ambient light.
Same w/ my 2012

·
Registered
672 Posts
Can you post an auto scan, or at least the coding of 09, 46, 42, 52 ? perhaps we can figure it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am new to Ukraine. I am also looking for and want to make a side light so that when the lock is opened, the light in the mirrors lights up. Now the light in the mirrors lights up when it's dark, and the switch in the car. Can someone post encoding 09, 46, 42, 52? Whoever the light in the mirrors turns on constantly, I want to compare with my encoding. Thank!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was thinking about trying this brake light adaptation. See how it looks. I wondered if there is a way to get both taillights to light up for turn signal instead of just the outer portion? I have factory LEDS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I was thinking about trying this brake light adaptation. See how it looks. I wondered if there is a way to get both taillights to light up for turn signal instead of just the outer portion? I have factory LEDS.
The factory coding for LED tails is what I was trying to replicate with my halogen tails. The idea is to have dedicated lights for both brake and turn on one side to help differentiate the two.
I managed to get it working but was having issues with consistent brightness for inner/outer. I ended up going back to stock halogen coding and will just get a set of OEM LED tails.
Aside from the factory coding, I’m not aware of any other coding for the LED tails myself.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the response. So the coding for the duel sided break lights should also code for duel turn signal lights?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for the response. So the coding for the duel sided break lights should also code for duel turn signal lights?
No the coding would not be the same.
I’m just saying I have yet to see someone do that, I am unsure of the coding to accomplish what you’re looking for.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am guessing since the inner twilight was never used as a turned signal there may not be circuitry for both inner and outer to signal turn.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I am guessing since the inner twilight was never used as a turned signal there may not be circuitry for both inner and outer to signal turn.
With a Can-bus lighting system, there’s no additional circuitry for different functions, it can be done over 2 wires, the voltage is adjusted for dim or bright functions, and the BCM is coded for whichever function on the various light channels.

Reactions: holdenabedini

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I am definitely not familiar with electronics and how they function. Do it sounds like it would be possible to get the inner to blink it’s just a matter of figuring out what code to change it to. I don’t know how you guys come up with the numbers that make the appropriate change. They look random to me. But then again I am not very savvy with that sortof thing. How would I source the code for that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Did anyone have a chance to reference my coding for my original issue of the mirror puddles lights? See how it compares with someone’s that works as intended? (light up with interior lights upon unlock)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts