Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2016 Executive (charcoal gray) and am loving this vehicle. It has 21” factory wheels on it (I believe), and while they’re not bad at all, I’m looking at possibly changing out for some quality aftermarket wheels in the same size. A lot of the threads here have pictures no longer available, dead links, etc so would really appreciate seeing what all you guys and gals have on yours!

·
Registered
93 Posts
matt,

I'm running 20" Masafi wheels for summer:
(the OEM wheels that came with the 2015 Execline)

I'm running Audi Felge wheels for winter. These wheels are meh for complementing the Touareg silhouette. If I had fancy Brembo brake calipers underneath, they would look better:

Wheels I'm looking at in the future:

1) Cayenne 20" RS Spyder wheels, if I can find a used set at a reasonable price:

2) In the same vein, these Victor Equipment Wurttenburg wheels appeal to me:

3) Oddly, I also like the look of some truck wheels that have elements of satin bronze, but I've not found such a wheel that translates well to the Touareg silhouette:

If you haven't tried a wheel visualizer yet, here's one of many that will PhotoChop different wheels onto a Touareg:

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Give Tirerack a try. There are a few wheel configuratiors but in my opinion the VW/Audi/Porsche wheels tend to look the best with the Toaureg.

·
Registered
259 Posts
MY MY, I always wanted the Vorsteiner VFF-103 rims on mine. Only prob is they're worth my book value haha.
So the one thing that caught me by surprise was how light they were. I’ve had flow formed wheels in the past (Enkei RPF1 on a Z) and knew they were light but to see how they were in 21x10 wheel was cool. The lightest wheel for the size I’ve owned it Volk TE37 in 19x9.5 + 12 and 19x10.5 + 12... those were awe inspiring. Also had a set on my VW CC R Line, they were 19x8 squared.

The finish is way darker than the photos I’ve seen online which is fine. Hopefully the +45 offset(+5mm “deeper” than the Turbo wheels) will make it look that much better. I have been looking at their VFF 107 which is a 22x10.5+42, .5” = 12.7mm and add the .3mm from the offset out... equates to about 13mm. There are way more tire options on the 22” wheels so the VF 103s might be available. I can make you an offer you can’t refuse.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
910 Posts
So the one thing that caught me by surprise was how light they were. I’ve had flow formed wheels in the past (Enkei RPF1 on a Z) and knew they were light but to see how they were in 21x10 wheel was cool. The lightest wheel for the size I’ve owned it Volk TE37 in 19x9.5 + 12 and 19x10.5 + 12... those were awe inspiring. Also had a set on my VW CC R Line, they were 19x8 squared.

The finish is way darker than the photos I’ve seen online which is fine. Hopefully the +45 offset(+5mm “deeper” than the Turbo wheels) will make it look that much better. I have been looking at their VFF 107 which is a 22x10.5+42, .5” = 12.7mm and add the .3mm from the offset out... equates to about 13mm. There are way more tire options on the 22” wheels so the VF 103s might be available. I can make you an offer you can’t refuse.
You've got some great taste. The VFF 107 are just as stunning.

Hey I'm always open to hearing an offer :) Let me know

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
View attachment 233681 Here's the important thing about these wheels, they fit without spacers. Took me a while to find them, but I did.

Can you post a couple of pics with these on your Touareg, curious to see how they look fitted.

Thanks, TonyB

1 - 20 of 104 Posts