Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Touareg is supposed to come with a solar charger to keep the battery from going dead after long periods of non use? I see that many VW dealers are selling them on EBay. Are they trying to make added profit? Should I request the solar charger from my dealer. It should would be useful. Thanks for any help. Jake

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Wonderful. Thanks for your help! I will look for it.

· Registered
9 Posts
spockcat said:
The car doesn't come with one. There is a battery cutoff switch under the seat that can be switched on and off during transport. The solar chargers usually come in things like Jettas and Beetles.
Would you be so kind as to provide a more detailed description as to the location of that battery cutoff switch? Thanks a ton!

· Registered
35 Posts
Most lower-$$$ VWs do come with them... if the dealers don't take them out, or you ask to keep it. ;)

When my '03 Bug came in, I went back to the dealer the next week and took a fresh panel charger out of a big box full of them. More or less was a "help yourself" deal the asst. sales manager made for me, eh. ;)

And I also say it works well, keep it in the rarely-driven pickup and it always starts up. :)

-Des

· Registered
64 Posts
My dealer just handed me two solar chargers. I guess it's because I got two batteries on the V-10.

· Registered
97 Posts
I just too delivery wednesday and I asked for one. The salesman searched the lot till he found one for me. Its a little old (i think) but I'll take it. Is it true it needs to be disconnected before you start the Treg?

· Registered
61 Posts
For your info: This is the battery cut-off switch:

And this one is the solar charger:

I found the switch inside a cardboard box, besides the emergency spare wheel and, in relation to the solar charger, following advices of my friends in the forums, I asked the dealer for one, that he gave me with a smile... there are nice dealers everywhere!!

Best Regards!! :wave:

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I understand that new Touaregs are not being shipped with the battery cut-off swutch. I have heard that the new Touaregs have the logic in the computer to shut off the electrical system. The way to reactivate it is to step on the brake for 10 seconds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.