Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket shock options for the T3?

I saw the T1/T2 have/had the Koni FSD shocks available. Curious if there is anything similar available for the T3+

Just curious.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.
I noticed when searching around in control modules with VCDS there was a box that wasn't checked that said magnetic ride suspension installed. Don't know if this was ever a suspension option on any year Treg or not, but of what I know of magnetic suspensions I wish it were.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.
I noticed when searching around in control modules with VCDS there was a box that wasn't checked that said magnetic ride suspension installed. Don't know if this was ever a suspension option on any year Treg or not, but of what I know of magnetic suspensions I wish it were.
Continuous Damping Control (CDC) in conjunction with Air Suspension is an optional extra in Europe

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps I need to upgrade to the Cayenne sway bars. I wish they made them with mag ride as an option. It'd be nice to have a firm crisp ride at times, and other times to have a nice soft ride. I guess my main issue is body roll and squat under braking... but that is probably a CG issue associated with it being an SUV. I was curious if the shocks for the T1/T2 are the same as the T3+ (I presume they are not).

What is the CDC option? is that a VW or Porsche thing?

Any idea if it can be retrofitted?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Once I read your initial post, I promptly checked KONI.US for their offerings for my 08 T2 V8 FSI and come to find out...…….they had none. At least that I could find. So I assume your presumptions of the two being different is most likely true.

On a side note...….. I had just done the upgraded Cayenne upgraded sway's and the difference is pretty insane...…...night and day. So stoked I finally did it!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Bilstein do carry a range to suit the T2's, whether they also suit the T3's is something I' don't know, a phone call to Bilstein and you should be able to find out for sure.
Part numbers are: Front dampers (shocks) - Bilstein #35-110569, 35-110552, Rears #24-110570.

TonyB

·
Registered
490 Posts
Perhaps I need to upgrade to the Cayenne sway bars. I wish they made them with mag ride as an option. It'd be nice to have a firm crisp ride at times, and other times to have a nice soft ride. I guess my main issue is body roll and squat under braking... but that is probably a CG issue associated with it being an SUV. I was curious if the shocks for the T1/T2 are the same as the T3+ (I presume they are not).

What is the CDC option? is that a VW or Porsche thing?

Any idea if it can be retrofitted?
I retrofitted the complete OEM air suspension with CDC adjustable shocks. The three different damping modes are distinct. Comfort is Cadillac-like, sport is crisp and firm, normal is a mixture of the two.

·
Registered
486 Posts
On a side note...….. I had just done the upgraded Cayenne upgraded sway's and the difference is pretty insane...…...night and day. So stoked I finally did it!

Was this on a T3? What is required to do this and what was the cost?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Continuous Damping Control (CDC) in conjunction with Air Suspension is an optional extra in Europe

I was thinking if VW had magnetic suspension as standard on all Tregs.

Basically I feel the ride on mine is a bit harsh over bumpy roads, which we have plenty of here, even with my 18" Winter setup. IMO I didn't see much of a difference from my 19" Summer setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts