Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2005 V8 with Air suspension. How do I know if the shock control is working?? When I change thru Sport,Auto,comfort I do not notice any
change.
Would there be a seperate fuse for this? The air control for selector works fine except for the shock control in center of console.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
When it is working, the change is obvious. When you switch to sport, the air shocks drop down one level and the shocks firm up.

The level drop is due to the air pressure bladder and the firmness is due to a valve attached to the side of the hydraulic shock. Since these are two separate systems, at first guess, I would suspect that the switch is defective.

The center switch is in a perfect position for a cup-holder spill to destroy it.

You should also get a message in the MFI screen when you change the switch. So, that is three separate things that you should be able to observe when the switch position is changed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep! i bought it used and lots of coffee was spilled by previous owner !!!
no message on screen.
i did open switch up and saw brown stains on the board.
looks like im going for a switch
Thanks

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
731 Posts
Also you may want to consider swapping out the cup holder for one from a later Touareg. I don’t know the year switch but I have done this on all the 2004 cars I have. The 2008 came with the deeper cup holder. This will help stop your drinks from spilling on the new switch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered switch today. I'm not the coffee spiller. I am looking into the cup holder also.
Cups get in way of using the shifter !!! too high.
2008 holder will fit the 2005?
Thanks

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
731 Posts
7L6-858-602-C-9B9

This is the number on my receipt. It’s tough to get the parts guys to get you something not for you vin so please check the number I gave you. I’m almost 100% sure that’s the right number...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts