Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've had my 2017 Wolfsburg edition for about 5 weeks now. 55k miles to start. Dealer did a full tune-up (air filters, plugs, etc) before sale. I started out calculating my MPG just to see what I was getting. On 1st tank of gas I got 23mpg. Almost a month later, with the same driving habits and 93 octane gas, it dropped to 13.5mpg. Then I started being able to see the gas gauge needle move during an evening's driving of maybe 15 miles. Last check was 9.8mpg!! I've noticed no change in how it runs, engine seems the same. I just don't have a clue why the gas mileage would somewhat suddenly drop so drastically. Any thoughts on this besides winter gas, driving habits, etc??

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,081 Posts
To be honest, if you bought it 5 weeks ago and had the dealer do a service on it I'd bring it back to them and let them figure it out. Should be some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The car should have at least some of its warranty left and it is under the 60K mile level,I agree take it back to the dealer. These car aren't anything special as a gasser,not rocket science. Dealer can run a test of all the systems and see what's happening. I assume you are driving the same basic routes vs the first several wks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with both of you about the dealer and warranty. I'm going tomorrow to pick up tags and will ask them but I'm not feeling hopeful. A car salesman (honda, not VW) said MPG issues won't be covered under engine or drivetrain.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
That's very strange and something is off. If you're keeping it buy vagcom and run a scan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts