Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 4 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tires in size 265/50-19 for sale. These have approximately 3K miles on them as they are on my 13' which I've had since 1/14/13 (love it!). Price at Tire Rack is $288 each plus tax. Asking $750. Buyer pays shipping or can be picked up in Charlotte, NC area.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 2012 that turned out to be a lemon. It had Michelin Latitude Touring tires on it which I really loved. I do lots of interstate travel and a touring tire is more to my liking. I've purchased a set of those to replace these. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Pirellis...they are what came on the 2013 replacement of the 2012 lemon. Great tires...I just like a much softer ride than most do.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I heard very good things about the michelins as well. That is my dilema. You are offering a good deal on the pirellis, I'm just trying to figure out if its worth the price difference.
They can't be worse than my conti 4x4s.
Btw, are they not both touring tires?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upon second look...yes, they are. I will tell you that the Michelin's are like riding on marshmallows. They are very soft and cushy and you get a lot of roll when cornering (I used caution on interstate on and off ramps even)...it works well for me because I'm not that spirited a driver and I really do drive interstate only 90% of the time. I did take a trip to the mountains recently and found that one cannot beat the Pirellis for handling. I was very impressed! The Touareg handled better / stuck corners better, etc than either of my previous sport model MBs ( C Coupe and E sedan ). There wasn't even a comparison to be made bwteen the Michelins and the Pirellis in that department; however, I never need that and, if I do, I'll drive the other half's car.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Did these sell?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
pictures?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts