Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have noticed in the last couple of days that in dash display there is a warning triangle with an exclamation in it over the vehicle icon. The other thing I have noticed lately is that when I start up the rig I get a service reminder but I have 8k miles til my next oil service. Any thought? 2014 TDI

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Look in the manual at the warning signs section?:D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
who ever did your last service needs to be shot !!!!

Hey guys I have noticed in the last couple of days that in dash display there is a warning triangle with an exclamation in it over the vehicle icon. The other thing I have noticed lately is that when I start up the rig I get a service reminder but I have 8k miles til my next oil service. Any thought? 2014 TDI

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you elaborate a little bit more than death by firing squad. The service interval was reset and appears to be counting down with the mileage since service.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Try resetting yourself. You can do it on the RNS-850.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would reset it again but it is consistent with the service interval so it was reset when it was serviced. It is going to the dealership tomorrow morning to replace the start stop button that peeled and turned into an exacto knife. Those things are sharp as ****.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I would reset it again but it is consistent with the service interval so it was reset when it was serviced. It is going to the dealership tomorrow morning to replace the start stop button that peeled and turned into an exacto knife. Those things are sharp as ****.
The button is peeling? Wow. I thought the letters are recessed...at least that's how my button appears.

·
Registered
863 Posts
You shouldn't get a service reminder with 8k miles to service. It need to go in and be checked out,that's what the warranty is all about.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The start/stop button is definitely a sticker. The N of the engine is where it has peeled on two Tregs.
Amazing. The letters must be knocked out of the material so the light shows through.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
What service did you do, the normal service interval is reset on the nav screen. If they reset the service interval via computer interface it's possible they changed the mile interval making it think that it needs a service. It happened to me as well I just adjusted it via vag com. Dealer should be able to figure it out. It's a pretty simple fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe it is a different warning, not related to the oil service tracker. I have the same thing but I also got the AdBlue warning. I refilled and the AdBlue went away but service is still there. Maybe a check-up of some kind? I would go to my dealer but the closest one I have tried the "need new rotors" scam because I sent my wife in by herself to have the latest computer update. Haven't grabbed the rotors for thickness but they have no measurable step or lip @ either edge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts