Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Touareg. I just had service done and I went to reset the light. I follow the instructions and reset the light, and yet the next time I get in the car and start it up it says service now! and the message will not go away until I follow the service reset procedure again. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

when I do the reset the service now message goes away but every time I start the car again it's back...

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
711 Posts
Sorry, but the dealer or buy a genuine Ross Tech VCDS. Well worth the money for VCDS. Works with audi also. Porsche uses something else unfortunately so I have to get a second cable for my wife’s new Cayenne GTS when I change her oil.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, really, I just did an oil change. I really have to go to a dealer to reset the service reminder?
You probably did reset the oil change interval - it's reminding you to do the big service reminder (30k or 60k etc)

Other than VCDS (which does a hell of a lot more) there are cheap alternatives like XTool VAG401 (under $65) from Amazon... works okay...

·
Registered
14 Posts
VCDS, for the cost to get one compared to dealer fees/troubleshooting (if they are even capable) it’s a bargain at twice the price.
I’d wager that 2 dealer visits to read a code or do a reset will equal cost of VCDS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Mech644
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing