Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

I happened to hit the service screen on my 2015 TDI and it said I have 17,000 miles left on the service interval. I just had oil changed add blue done etc. about 3,000 miles ago so I believe it is counting down 20,000 miles until the next service. Prior to the last change it was counting down 10,000 miles between service, and there is NO WAY it will make 20K without topping off both oil and add blue. Is this from a software update or is it normal to go to a 20K interval after a couple of resets, or is this some sort of bug or something the dealer did?

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
It reads that someone has reset your service interval to Long Life which typically runs to 2 years or around 17-18,000 miles.

Long Life is popular in the UK since lease companies or their customers will only have to service a car twice in three years before selling it on. It's not so good for the next owners though!

You need to get it reset to Time & Distance - 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.