Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever remove the belt tensioner pulley assy on a 2008 4.2 liter V8 motor. I took off the two bolts that hold the spring on and the large long center bolt in the center pivot and it still won't come loose. Do I need to also take off the three bolts from the bottom of the housing to get it off or do I just force it off of the center pivot? I need to change it out as my pulley is seized. I'm try to see if I can just change the pulley and not the whole tensioner assy that costs over $250 :-k:confused:

·
Registered
710 Posts
In the diy section there are threads on the timing belt change procedure with pictures from others who have done it step by step. Take a look; I'm on a phone so linking is a pain!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Serpentine belt tensioner

I'm not talking about the timing belt tensioner I'm taking about the alternator belt tensioner, On a 2008 4.2 V8, the motor doesn't have a timing belt it uses a chain to drive the cams.:confused:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Streetrod, according to the bently repair manual the tensioner does not look it comes apart, hence it is a new tensioner assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts