Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Some of you may know us from the MKV community, we make high quality affordable Navigation systems. I'm waiting to get a few units in to install one on my own Touareg (I have an '04 V8 no mods as of now) so my pictures are limited for now, but I can give you a spec sheet and answer any questions you might have.

So here is our latest unit for the Touareg, it fits all models of Touaregs. Here is a bad cell phone picture, which we will be changing soon I hope.

Here are some specs
Supports English, Turkish, Chinese, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portugese, Russian languages menu.
-7 inch touch screen TFT LCD Monitor made by Panasonic
-800*480 Digital 16:9 high definition display
-OSD Menu design
-Compatible with DVD/DVD-R/VCD/CD/WMA/CD-R/CD-RW/Divx player
-Built-in FM/AM Radio.
-Built-in 4X60W amplifier
-Built-in Car real view Camera Input
-Built-in original Can bus steering wheel control system.
-Uses iGo8 Navigation Software
-Built-in USB,SD&MMC slot, and iPod controller
-Built-in Bluetooth function
-Built-in iPod,TV/RDS function.
-Extra microphone for bluetooth.
-Built-in GPS Navigation System.
-Bluetooth Phonebook function
-Dual zone GPS function(Listen to music while utilizing the GPS function)*
-Optional TMC function.
-Optional Car Real View camera.

For those of you that have never heard of us, you can just google our name or just go to our website, Semting. We have a 48 page thread on GolfMKV detailing our unit. Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to becoming a member of this community.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, its slightly different. Ours uses a more updated chipset and motherboard as well as has a different button structure etc. An example being that that unit has 4*45 Watt amp outputs, we have 4*60w

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting, unfortunately I don't have an 04/05 CD Nav Touareg to play around on. I'll try to figure something out though.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, I'll let you know, I'm sure I'll be able to figure out something... On another note, this is a random question and you seem to have a lot of posts, the cup holders in the touareg are downright awful, anything I can do about that?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Semting, I am wondering whether your unit supports:

- European maps and?
- European radio and TV reception?
- OEM CD Changer IN?

on a 2006 model with DVD Navigation

I just moved back to Europe and am looking around for a replacement for the US RNS2 DVD, which doesn't work over here.

Unfortunately neither Connex nor Kufatec appear to have a solution for an upgrade to a factory RNS 510, because they cannot supply me with a canbus to make it work (strangely enough, they even told me not to do any mod at all with my unit, other than exchanging it for a EU version of the RNS2...) :-(

Thanks for the update.

Lex

·
Registered
412 Posts
You know what I would really love is for a unit like this to accept a USB input from an android phone and display the android phone on the display of the unit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.