Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have scrolled through all of the posts on here regarding suspension faults and I cant seem to find one relating to my issue.

I have the 'Stop Running Gear Fault' displayed on the dash board. After plugging in the fault comes back saying 'Self Levelling Suspension Circuit LEFT Low' or something along those lines. Apologies I don't have the code at this present time.

My mechanic tested the voltage going to the sensors on the left of the car and the positive feed in was showing around 5 volts for front and back. The right side of the car was showing around 12 volts. So it would appear there isn't enough power going to the left hand side of the car.

The car is still raised so the suspension hasn't failed completely however I have no control when lowering and raising.

We checked the fuses on the side of the dash and under the seat where the battery goes and all seem to be fine. Battery is good. Not sure what else to check.

Any advice greatly appreciated as this has been ongoing for weeks with no diagnosis.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
This looks like a Control module fault, or some wiring problem. I will measure mine tomorrow. The feed voltage should be equal on both sides, either the charged 14.afew volts, or a regulated 12 volts. An oscillocsope would be handy at this point. The signal value could be around 5 volts, but this is just a thought. The "running gear faulty" stuff could even be a height sensor loose, or it's joints are rusted, so it can shake itself out. This "backlash" could set off the alarm. Mine were all rusted in the ball joints, and one of them managed to get 2 milimetres of play, and this was enough to nearly hang myself. On the other hand, if the supply voltage is really indeed lower than the other side, I would say it is multimeter time. Try to find the pin in the control module and see if there the voltage is the same 5V, and if it is, it might be dead. Even then, It could be a blown diode or something.
Cheers
Steven
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top