Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next couple of weeksI will be replacing my Touareg with another fitted with air suspension so now looking for expressions of interest/offers for the purchase of my Seikel offroad suspension kit.

Kit has been on the vehicle for approx 70K kms, it is a straight swap with OEM with no modification required, consists of Seikel springs and dampers for front and rear, will give you 30mm height gain without spacers but with a firmer ride than OEM whilst retaining comfort, additional vehicle ride height can be obtained by fitting higher profile offroad tyres as I have done with resulting overall height increase of 45mm.

Seikel is the only suspension upgrade endorsed by VW.

A once only opportunity to purchase a suspension upgrade perfect for Aussie conditions, lowball offers will not be acknowledged, can ship worldwide at buyers expense.

https://www.seikel.de/shop/lift-kit-touareg/?lang=eh
Wolf 4x4 - Australia's Premier Website for all your 4wd, camping and outdoor requirements

Thank you,

TonyB

·
Super Moderator
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve,

Sorry about that, did not think at the time of my post although I do know about the forum rules.

I am looking for offers over AUD 1700/USD 1250.

I did try to edit the original post but the time limit window has closed, feel welcome to amend my post with the above sentence if you can.

Pic will follow.

Thanks,

TonyB

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Tony,

How difficult is it to swap out the strut assemblies?
And is it a DIY for a moderately capable person?

Regards
Greg

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your interest.

I think if you had a spring compressor it is a DIY project for someone with some basic tools and mechanical aptitude although I had them fitted 2.5 years ago by a local 4WD shop at a cost of $430 which included wheel alignment.

If you do it yourself you will need to have a wheel alignment done after fitment.

Thanks,

TonyB

·
Registered
613 Posts
Are you sure you need a spring compressor?

If you're selling everything in the picture the way it is then he should be able to just pull his struts out and bolt those ones in without needing a compressor.

He would only need a spring compressor if he was disassembling the struts to remove the springs.

So it would just be remove and replace by the numbers. Put every bolt back where it came from, simples.

And yes, a wheel alignment would be necessary if it changes the ride height.

Edit> Good price.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Offer for Seikel kit conditionally accepted, deemed SOLD.

Thank you all!

TonyB:crying:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brett, sorry mate but missed your post.

No spacers used as I ran with LT245/70R17 tyres but you could also fit 265/65R17's if you wish, plenty of room.

TonyB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
seafarer28
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing