Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Setting up the back up camera is the only part of this installation that looks to be somewhat painful - Wondering if you have an update?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Setting up the back up camera is the only part of this installation that looks to be somewhat painful - Wondering if you have an update?
I need to do that. Here is the camera I used in place of the OEM one. It's slightly smaller, but fits the hole in the rear handle perfect:

I ended up using this for the wireless link after realizing running the wire from the hatch inside was a royal pain. It works quite well with only an occasional glitch:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need to do that. Here is the camera I used in place of the OEM one. It's slightly smaller, but fits the hole in the rear handle perfect:

I ended up using this for the wireless link after realizing running the wire from the hatch inside was a royal pain. It works quite well with only an occasional glitch:

Seicane has a remote camera option also but fit and reliability may be better with these - Looks like the remote cameras are never 100%, but better than threading a wire through the interior.

Was there enough room behind the head to mount the remote - Or did you cut out the plastic back frame to get some additional room?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was there enough room behind the head to mount the remote - Or did you cut out the plastic back frame to get some additional room?
I cut the back frame out, as that made it much easier to run wires and fit everything in. Here's a picture of that camera unmounted from the frame and bracket and then put into the stock location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts