Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I recently noticed a small tear at the seam of my driver's seat that I'd like to repair before it gets worse. I can't tell if it is the seam let go or whether it is a hole. I bought the vehicle a year ago as a "fixed" vehicle and it does have the CPO warranty on it still. It is going in for service this week so I'm going to ask the dealer about coverage (they replaced my entire headliner under warranty due to a small amount of separation under the grab handles) but I'm guessing they will say it is wear and tear. I have been conditioning the seats every couple of months as they are a bit "hard" from sitting in the holding lots (IMO). Any suggestions on how to fix if it isn't covered? I'm assuming I could bring it to an upholstery shop as well. Figured I'd get your advice before I take my next steps.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
IMG_8722.JPG
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
IMG_8725.JPG IMG_8724.JPG

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
its right at the stitching ?? My uneducated guess would be it needs to maybe be restiched but then you may notice abnormality in the stitching.

Id take to a good repairer ... those covers arent cheap to replace

·
Registered
910 Posts
I agree with Odessa, a good "auto upholsterer" can fix it. They can do amazing work if they are good. Worth the cost.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Agreed again. Take it to a well known upholstery shop. Doubt the dealer will fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts