Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
It was the freaking pcv valve. I disconnected it cleared the code .... Waited for a minute on idle to see if it comes back but no... Thank god..... Then went for a 50 KM drive...... No jerking no disconnecting no cutting offf

·
Registered
41 Posts
If somebody xhecks the electrical diagram im sure the fuse for the n112 solenoid and pcv is the same fuse!!!!!!!! Thats the only freaking way we solved 2!!!! 2!!! N112 codes !!!! My only explanation is that the oem one pcv was also shorting but not too strong to blow the bloody fuse!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you !!!!! Im so freaking happy sont care that i payed for a n112 solenoid thats on the way 😁😁😁😁😁😁
Trespect thank you brother !!!!!!
Thank you a million times !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You’re welcome my friend :) glad your treg project is back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
@REG235, can you confirm that the SAI pump is activated when you do a cold engine start with pcv disconnected?
@RWBriley, are we talking about a cold start or a hot start scenario when you say the SAI pump does not come on? Let’s see if the faulty o2 sensor is not the culprit here. System is probably not getting the right info from the o2 sensor and decides not to activate the pump. Please post a vcds scan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Now let’s see how we can help RWBriley fix his Treg.

That’s great news REG235!!! Always a great feeling to get to the bottom of it. I think I’m close. Just connecting the n112 fault and blown fuse to the pcv valve is huge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
@REG235, can you confirm that the SAI pump is activated when you do a cold engine start with pcv disconnected?
@RWBriley, are we talking about a cold start or a hot start scenario when you say the SAI pump does not come on? Let’s see if the faulty o2 sensor is not the culprit here. System is probably not getting the right info from the o2 sensor and decides not to activate the pump. Please post a vcds scan.

Cold start with no SAI pump. The O2 sensor fault code just came up in the past few weeks. But I agree that needs to be sorted now as well.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Do you know what sensor you need?
I have a thread about that. And you should get Bosch sensors. Oem go for about 300$. I’ll post the link.
Do post a vcds scan. You probably have other related issues.

Edi: here is the link.

Take your time and let me know if all is clear as mud for you :)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Guess you’re good for an oxygen sensor fix. The SAI system relies on functioning oxygen sensors.

VW SAI system should be about the same.

How does the secondary air injection system and AIR pump work?
During a cold startup the PCM monitors the engine coolant temperature sensor and upstream and downstream oxygen sensors to detect whether to turn on the AIR pump. If the engine temperature is below 195°, the PCM determines the engine is “cold” and commands a rich fuel mixture.

The oxygen sensors have internal heaters that bring them up to operating temperature quickly. Once the catalytic converter reaches light off temperature, the PCM begins to receive downstream oxygen content signals. At that point it operates the AIR pump relay to switch power to the pump (electric pump draws high current, so it needs a relay to switch the power). At the same time, it commands the switching valve to open and allow the pumped air to enter the exhaust stream.

Then the PCM starts a timer. The O2 sensor show should a lean condition due to the extra air in the exhaust stream and it must show the lean condition within a certain time frame. If it doesn’t see the lean condition, that would indicate a problem with the AIR relay, pump or switching valve and the PCM sets a P0411 secondary air injection system flow (low flow or no flow) malfunction.

The PCM activates the AIR relay by grounding the control coil in the AIR relay. By grounding the control coil, the PCM expects to see a voltage drop to almost 0. If it doesn’t get that results, it sets a P0412 secondary AIR circuit malfunction if it finds one. The problem can be a blown fuse, bad relay or an open circuit.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Ill check if i can hear it in the morning going to work. Ill check how to do it with vcds as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Do you know what sensor you need?
I have a thread about that. And you should get Bosch sensors. Oem go for about 300$. I’ll post the link.
Do post a vcds scan. You probably have other related issues.

Edi: here is the link.

Take your time and let me know if all is clear as mud for you :)

That's good stuff. I replaced the cats a few years ago and my knuckles are just now healing. Here is the vcds fault code info for the cat:

1 Fault Found:
16414 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Heating Circuit: Malfunction / Open Circuit
P0030 - 004 - No Signal/Communication

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I’ll check that. I can turn the pump on using the output test in vcds so at least I know the pump itself works. Not sure if that method runs thru the relay or not.
This may or not be related problem, but if I start the car and then turn it off and restart it before it gets warm, it barely runs. Like it’s being choked out. Until it warms up. Then it runs fine. But in the process throws a bunch of engine misfire codes.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts