Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 mk1 Touareg V10 tdi in black
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi New.

Have literally changed the oil just now after 300 miles. Haven't driven it anywhere but it certainly sounds quieter idling.

There were no chunks in the oil.

Wasn't try to fix anything. More of a decarbon of the internals.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is a picture of the oil after driving 40 miles to work at 70 moh.

Looks pretty clean for a diesel.

Here's a better one. You can see how clean the oil is on the dipstick.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
She's just rolled 100,000 miles and the engine oil and crankcase are that clean. Now I'm happy.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I thought you wee crackers (and so did others!) But fingers crossed it's done what it says on the tin!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
What I would suggest, for atleast next few times, is to send oil samples with each oil change to a lab to make sure the iron count is not creeping up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Tommit,

Might change my profile name to Capt. James T. Kirk as I appear to be boldly going where no V10 owner has gone before. :cool:

Hi TouaregNut,

That's a good idea. If I can remember to do it in 5000 miles I'll get a sample on its way out and post the results.

In the absence of scientific data at the moment I can only report on the driving experience.

There's no oil leaks and no funny noises. It seems to be idling quieter and the power delivery is silky smooth compared to previous. On the motorway the tyre noise seems louder so perhaps the engine is now quieter under load too?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts