Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a run on the Queens birthday week end 11th June 2012?

Am thinking about some where in SE Queensland in Hinterland around Brisbane or even Northern NSW. Probably just a one day event or maybe overnite if convenient.

Some candiate runs would be:
  • Head of the Condamine
  • Boarder Forest run to Mount warning
Cheers,

Toucan2

·
Registered
225 Posts
Would love to do a run, but is 1 week too early. My car arrives on the docks on the 10th so hopefully by the Friday it will be delivered. Would be very interested in the next one.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
I've done those mentioned in the Treg prior. Condomine will be good with minimal crossing flow this time of year. A decent scenic run is Duck Creek road (track) up from Kerry, near Beaudesert to O'Reilly's at Lamington NP and back down. Can be fun and a good opportunity to learn something about your Treg with 4xmotion! I need low last time I went up. You pick decent lines and you'll probably scrape though with 4motion.

Map of Duck Creek Rd, Kerry, QLD | whereis.com

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oils, with your experience and the roads you know you should come along to the next one in the Navara.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Oils, with your experience and the roads you know you should come along to the next one in the Navara.
I wouldn't mind a run up Duck Ck and give the Nissan a heave-ho in some dirt. You'll even get some fresh cow sh!t in your tread! My young fella has a moded up Sierra, as does 2 of his mates, could be a trip.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wouldn't mind a run up Duck Ck and give the Nissan a heave-ho in some dirt. You'll even get some fresh cow sh!t in your tread! My young fella has a moded up Sierra, as does 2 of his mates, could be a trip.

Sounds good. Would love to do a run in July sometime, with the new rig. :D

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Try then. Though, if you plan any dirty stuff as in do it a few times, I'd suggest you fit some A/T's if you have 4motion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Try then. Though, if you plan any dirty stuff as in do it a few times, I'd suggest you fit some A/T's if you have 4motion.
4XMotion With Air Suspension, but yes will need to investigate some tire options which still have low road noise but a bit better off road.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
I had Hankook Dynapro RF10 AT/M's fitted to 18's. Good tyres and well suited to road and dirt and good wear. No noise. Pics in my images and a 265's will fit the Treg without scrubbing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts