Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
To replace ECU takes 10 min and a few hundred for a new one. To replace a $50 temp sensor will take a professional mechanic 3-4 hours to take half of your engine apart to do a 5 min job replacing the sensor. Genius design.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If you spent a tenth of the time that you do bashing German Engineering educating yourself about replacing that sensor, you would know that there have been users who have done this without pulling the manifold off.

And as someone who has wrenched on stuff before, I'm insulted by a pro needing 4 hours to do that job. Just don't fix it... that way no one has to deal with this inferior design.

·
Registered
56 Posts
To replace a water pump on most of the engines takes not professional guy about an hour, in my case my mechanic said cannot do it, need an expensive tool, so, 1500 dollars later for labor in VW and 600 pump, vualya(pardon my french). Great design. One injector from VW in Australia cost $998, i had to replace/refurbish 5 of them( thanks Great Britan, you can do it for 145Pounds each). awsome design, love the car, feel of it, weight, handling, power, sound, etc. but its falling a part after 15 years, and only 200000km on the clock. All interior black stickers came off, all wooden look panels cracked, outside paint pilling off...... where do i stop?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i am not bashing German engineering ( even I am a Russian and my grandpa on T34 was crashing german tigers in 1945 all the way to Berlin) read the text, i am just pointing on some technical difficulties of there design, not user friendly. Take it to VW service and they will fix it for you message.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Search around a little. Some people have managed to replace it without taking the manifold off. It's not a walk in the park, but since you're Ruski, you shouldn't be a snowflake. P.S. I had to take Russian in gr 6 but I don't remember any of it. LOL

21 - 28 of 28 Posts