Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You really cant review a car until you put it through its paces for what the car was designed to do. Well the Touareg does so many things great that I had to take an extended road trip to really find out what this car can do. The trip from San Diego was wonderfull. The TREG crused so well at hi speed and winding roads that it felt like I was in a BMW M series. I hit speeds of 115MPH on several streaches (I could have gone much faster but didnt want to get a tix. Then when we got to Moab I hit some trails and boy this baby handles just as well on the trail. I went on several 3 rated trails in Moab and had no problems at all. I did not have to use low very much at all. The TREG just crawled up some of the steepest hills with no prob...rocks, ruts and mud proved no match for the TREG. There were 5 of us boys on the trip and I think 4 of them are buying TREG's when they get back.

Terry

· Registered
236 Posts
And the pics? If they're too hi-res, I am sure there are some of us who would be happy to resize them for you. Personal Mail me with your email if you want to send them to me for resizing.

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,304 Posts
I want to see pictures!!!! My adventure in Moab last January didn't go as expected, so now I can only live vicariously thru other TREGers until I go back. :wave:

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,304 Posts
To: Theswami,

I was off-roading, about a mile from the main highway, when the stepper motor crapped out, leaving me stranded for over an hour, when the thing magically came back to life.

Because of that problem, I stayed on major highways because if it died again, at least cell service was available and there were more people driving by if I needed help.

So, I didn't get to off-road hardly at all and I can't wait to go back and try again.

Take a look at my photo album and you'll be able to see two pictures of where my 'T' died and the nice Jeep owner who offered to help me out.

· Registered
139 Posts
Check out the current VW Driver... my little 11,000 mile jaunt traversing the USA and Canada last year in the Touareg is covered... we definitely put it through its paces--right off the boat. Got us there, there, there, there, there, there, and back without a hitch (thank God). Also I had posted a few pics here a while back in the Touareg Showcase.

Loved it on that trip... a great companion. If only I could say there have no hitches since then... although at the moment she's running like a top w/27k showing.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.