Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's R5 has sagging doors mainly on the drivers side causing some minor closing issues and generally not looking right so I said to myself, self you must fix it.
As some may know this is a fairly common issue as the doors on Touareg's are very heavy if you never felt one.

So picture of 0.5mm Stainless steel shims I have made.
As you can see the holes are slotted so bolts don't have to be removed.

My wife's D/S took 4 shims to make it right I figure the passengers side will take only 2.
I will most likely make some in 1mm or there about to avoid stacking but they are fine either way.

If any one is interested I am doing another run as a mate and forum member wants some for his.
Cost per shim would be $7 ea + shipping.

Regards
Drag

Attachments

· Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,420 Posts
Count me in for a few please!

· Registered
20,262 Posts

· Registered
3,794 Posts
I will put my hand up for some as well.

Stuart..

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Yup same, I'd be in. Doors are off on mine but I am wondering if the pin in the door hinge is worn? My other car has shims. I am going to go play with the door to see if there is play in the hinge. But I'd like some for sure unless I see something else.

· Registered
11 Posts
Just handmade a simple shim from plastic sheet stock, based on this design, and fixed my sagging door. Both the dealer and a bodyshop could not crack the code, and make the repair. However, a new hinge will be required in the future, but that is a long ways away! Hahaha!

No cost for the plastic, but the 8mm triple square driver was purchased for a few bucks at my local Lordco Auto Supply shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.