Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did a compression test, cylinder 1 0 compression, cylinder 2 0 compression, cylinder 3... Spark plug smashed in by the cylinder / hole in the piston

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Bummer.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That really is too bad. Now what is your plan? Unload? Swap low mileage replacement? Rebuild (no idea if can be done with whatever damage you may have)??

Here is a V10 rebuild (yes I know you have a V8 but it is the "in and out" that is interesting here to me). Anything is possible.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Great "video"!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That really is too bad. Now what is your plan? Unload? Swap low mileage replacement? Rebuild (no idea if can be done with whatever damage you may have)??

Here is a V10 rebuild (yes I know you have a V8 but it is the "in and out" that is interesting here to me). Anything is possible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl0n7ZtDD_4
I am in the Navy so I don't have that kind of time, I found a decent mileage replacement but ill have to pay someone to put it in which sucks! If I had the time I could put it in myself but sadly I don't.

Now I just need to find a reasonable installer in san diego :/

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hey, at least having the timing belt / water pump done on the one you are swapping will be inexpensive (don't skip this): I mean nothing like doing it on the bench!

Happy to hear you are keeping it, hate seeing a Treg go to scrap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts