Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone explain what this means??

Running Gear Workship - Fault

I looked thru the Owners Manual and I can't find anything on it, not even the diagram of the warning light. (2004 v10 TDI)

I also searched thru the forums and from what I can see it's something to do with the air suspension; but didn't see much else other than something about a 'wiggle test' ?? (not familiar with this stuff!!)

How serious is this?

Thanks all!!
Tricia

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Tricia
You are full of questions this week lol.
Here are a few back and some advice and answers
- How many miles on her.
- How many have you done since you got it and how long have you had it?
- I surprised that no one has told you yet but first thing you need to buy is a VCDS cable so you dont need to rely on others for reading fault codes to discuss with us.
As for the fault running gear it could be a few issues, that's where the VCDS cable comes in but I have had that issue with a headlight issue for a control module for the Bi Xenons or it could be related to your steering angle sensor. Just pointing out it could be a few other things not only the air suspension we need codes.
But just a thought given your glow plug issue and the running gear fault you need to get both your batteries removed and a full load test done especially the under seat one just to eliminate that common issue that causes funny things to happen.
In the mean time see if you can get some fault codes to help us help you.
But to answer your question I would keep driving it unless it was causing you problems other than the beeping when you start it up.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:

Oh I know - I'm a question box!!

She has 146,600+
I've driven her about 2600 Miles so far - I just got her in August.

haha, yeah I've heard of the VAGCOM cable - I'm thinking Santa Clause is gonna see that on the list. =) I've been asking Santa Clause for a garage too but alas.. I must have been on the Bad kid list?!?!

Now the batteries were just recently replaced; perhaps in the last year or so? Do those go out that quickly?

No other fault codes other than the glow plug thing at this point. And a crazy thing: that Running Gear workshop fault light hasn't come back on again. So, that's cool.

~Tricia

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey you!

I´ve got the same problem.. this pain-in-the-*** message blinks and beeps every time I drive a little rough on a bumpy road.
After a long time I suddenly found that for my car, this means that it, after this message have shown, cannot raise and lower. Not when standing still, not when driving. Nothing happens.. but if I stop, turn the ignition off, turn it on again (the message is gone), it works!

Just a tip :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have experienced similar problem! One morning I took my Touareg V6 to the garage for a regular minor service. I asked garage to replace spark plugs ( instead of replacing all 6 very old rusty plugs they only replaced 4), air cleaner, oil filter, pollen filter and change engine oil. When service was done I took delivery of car and on my way home the fault running gear workshop appeared on screen! I drove car back to garage next day and complained to have problem identified and fixed cause I had given car previous day faultless. First garage began with replacing the remaining old spark plugs with new ones. After two days the garage delivered the car back but Alas, with fault still there and worse with car level lowered and air suspension not working and air coming out of air compressor with noise when engine was started. I demanded that this authorized VW garage take full responsibility because the mechanics must have tempered and mishandled the vehicle! The garage as expected went on the defensive. As I am writing the vehicle remains grounded at my house although they undertook to tow it and find out what caused the problems.
Can anyone tell me from experience where all this could have originated from?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If you have air suspension, the system has to be locked before the car is lifted into the air with its wheels hanging free when being serviced.

There are several threads about this where even VW dealers have caused damage because the mechanic was not properly trained.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today, I just changed my Screen in my VW 2012 and I received the same msg (Running gear workshop) But still I can't find the right solution..
Anyone know how to fix it??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts